Unidentified Rolling Mutt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been piecing this together out of mixed and matched parts, bmx, mountain, vintage, new, you name it, and figured it was time to post. I can't identify the frame but I'll post a photo of where the headbadge was and see if anyone can tell me what I'm riding.

DSC01782.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01789-1.jpg

hawthorn sounds about right, cuz i thought my 59 roadmaster was a hawthorne at first till i checked out frame similarities and looked for the original chainring like it had and possitivly id as a roadmaster from 59 to 62 but most likly 59. so if it isn't a hawthorn, its down tube and structural anomilties look similar to a early 50's roadmaster. nice ride reguardless.

Not sure what the "droupouts" look like on a Cleveland Welding Co., but the frame shape looks like one to me.

That'd be what we call a early-mid 50's CWC frame 'round here. Made by the Cleveland Welding Co., who also made some Hawthornes, and nearly all Roadmasters. The outline on your headtube is for the 'upside down badge'. There's a headbadge thread here, and there's a pic of a repop Roadmaster badge, with it's styleized crossed flags. The 'upside down' version just flips this shape around, and was used for some of their other brand names, Speed King and Fleet Wing are just a couple of them. Cool bike! ~Adam

Latest posts

Back