Uncle Touchy's Depression Era Dust Bowl Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving my unfinished RRBBO4 bike here since I am continuing to work on it.
When I received it...
IMG_7374.jpg

Tore down..
IMG_7729.jpg

Made ride-able...
IMG_8419.JPG

Photo from today's ride...
0809090841-02.jpg

We're heading out on a road trip soon and I want to bring this bike but I'm not all that confident in the rusty old wheels. More on that later...

Re: Skip Toof

Looks good. Definately check the wheels though I like the rusty ones with the whitewalls.

Very cool.I love that bike.Glad to see it here. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.
TommyTwoTime said:
How did you achieve that finish on the paint? It looks like you painted it and then rubbed back through the layers. I really like that look and want to try it with blacks, reds and brown paints. Also like the rusted wheels.
I just rubbed the original rusty finish down with wd-40. The rims I clear coated over the rust.

I wanted to take this bike on our trip to the the TDF in Portland and the West coast but didn't trust the original wheels. Thought one was untrue and the spokes are rusty and stubborn. I threw the green ones on for the trip. I do plan to go back to the original wheels and the whitewalls but I found out one of the whitewalls was falling apart so I've got others ordered. Here's the bike at the Portland.
Img_8511.jpg

IMG_8713.JPG

Nice! I really dig it, and think it would look awesome with the fenders cleaned to match. :D The original seat also is very cool... as is the new one. :wink:

Unchained said:
Nice! I really dig it, and think it would look awesome with the fenders cleaned to match. :D The original seat also is very cool... as is the new one. :wink:
Thanks.

I plan to some day tackle straightening out the fenders. I though about trying to redo the seat but in addition to the upholstery being gone and the pan rusted, the frame is also broke.

call 'er done! looks great! does need something though.. but i dont know what. needs color i think. maybe some tasteful pinstriping.

Back