Unbeatable price on Electra Flying Sue and Punk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in Sports Chalet of all places today and they actually carry Electras. Not only that, but they have a freakin' great price on the Flying Sue 3i and Punk 3i. They are both $399 each brand new if you can believe it. They also had a ladies Hawaii 1speed 24inch for $199. I was in the Point Loma store in San Diego, Ca and when I went home and checked their website, the prices are all different for some reason. I asked the clerk and he said the Flying Sue and Punk are indeed $399 each.
I bought a new Electra Vince one month ago at Holland's Bike Shop in Coronado, Ca (also in San Diego) for $480 plus tax. It's on sale because it's not in production any more. I think they have a couple more.
Too bad it's not a LBS, but $400 for the Flying Sue or Punk can't be beat...
Just an FYI that the Flying Sue, Vince, and Punk have been officially discontinued. No more are available from the source meaning none can be ordered.

More info on the Flying Sue and Punk at Sport's Chalet.

Thank you gamebent! Flying Sue was whispering in my ear "You know you want me". I did, I had to have her....she's mine now.

I live in Utah. I called the Point Loma store, they still had one, I started to make arrangements to have it shipped to me but it was at the end of the day and decided to finish the deal the next day.

The next day I decided to try to find one closer to home. I found a couple in some the Las Vegas stores. In talking to the sales associate at one of they stores the guy told me that instead of me paying for shipping they could just transfer it to the Utah store. "What, you have a Utah store?" Yep, about 60 miles from where I live.

He then told me that if I filled out and was approved for a Sports Chalet Visa card that I could get 15% off my first purchase. "What, 15% off, even on the Sue that is priced at $400?" Yep.

Sweet. Well, then the rusty chain in my head started squeeking. If there is a Utah store, I wonder if THEY have a Sue (I know, you're thinking my middle name is Einstein).

Called them up, yep, they had a Sue! Had them put it behind the counter for me till I could get off work and get down there. While there, they also had a cream colored Huli Huli for my wife that they had priced at $519 instead of the normal $550 with another 15% off that with the Visa.

I ended up getting the Sue for $340 and the Huli for $441. :D

In addition, if you go to their website, you'll see that they also carry a Pink Betty that is in sale now for $369. With 15% off that it makes that bike $314. You can't beat that price for a new Electra. :!:

Welcome to the Electra Family Bartman! I have an Electra Vince, which is very similar to the Flying Sue, and I'm confident that you're going to love the bike!
Sounds like you got quite an awesome deal. While I prefer LBS over chain stores, like the thread title says, you can't beat these prices on the Flying Sue!
I'm glad that someone got to take advantage of the deal!

Re: Unbeatable price on Electra Flying Sue Beaten!

On your advice I just picked up a Flying Sue 3i at Sports Chalet for $255. (marked down again to $299 less 15% for account activation).
Awesome bike, thanks for the info!

That's the best price yet ThaneDP! Congrats!!
Make sure you guys post pics of your bikes (hopefully after a wee bit of customization) in the Electra thread in the Gallery Board.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15563

This is upsetting. :(
I had my heart set on a Flying Sue but found out they were discontinued and sold out. I'm not at all unhappy with my Super Deluxe but that Sue was cool.

I just saw one at the store in Point Loma, Ca the other day.
You should be able to get the local Sports Chalet to have one sent to your store from another store.
If not, call the Point Loma store and see if they will sent it to you. Better yet, start calling all the stores near where you live.
My point is: don't give up hope yet!

I bought the last one at the Irvine store in SoCal for $299. I really like it, I think it could be a collector item down the line because of the tank art. Really cheesy, but I had to have it. It gets alot of looks on the boardwalk ride from Balboa to Huntington Pier. What a deal for a Shimano Nexus 3 hub. :lol:

Well, Exocet98, it looks like you're gonna have to join the Westside Cruiser Club now (LA based). I haven't been on a ride yet because I live in San Diego and don't have a bike rack, but I plan on getting one soon!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=139831806285

The unbeatable price has officially been beaten (I wonder if we will get the same reaction as when an unstoppable force meets an immoveable object?)?!
Electra Flying Sue and Punk are now $299 from Sports Chalet. You can get 15% off your first purchase by applying for and getting a Sports Chalet Visa. That drops the price down to $255 for bikes that normally sell for $650. That's price is worth scraping cash out of the sofa and maybe even borrowing some from the ol' ball and chain!!
Flying Sues are extremely hard to find now, but there are still a few left.

It's almost worth buying a Punk and giving it a new paint job. It's pretty ugly in it's stock state.
I'll bet that the Punk will see another price drop at Sports Chalet before they're all gone. They aren't very popular.
I'll keep y'all posted.

Just a heads up and with no affiliation, I was just at Sports Chalet and they had the "Punk 3i" cruiser for sale for $299 again. If a SC near you has the Flying Sue in stock it will also be on sale according to their salesman. :mrgreen:

Back