Un-named Diamond Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After seeing Kram's diamond frame bikes I have been inspired to build one.

I have been storing this Bridgestone Super Speed for awhile now and I thing it is a nice place to start.
FriMar05123019CST2010.jpg

FriMar05123052CST2010.jpg

Digging the lugged frame
FriMar05123023CST2010.jpg

FriMar05123029CST2010.jpg

Might keep the chrome dropouts, have to look at what's under the nasty yellow.
FriMar05123035CST2010.jpg

FriMar05123047CST2010.jpg

FriMar05123039CST2010.jpg

Guaranteed, huh? We'll see about that.
FriMar05123057CST2010.jpg

yo bro B here,,
so this was my first street bike,,,,started with a frame,,,made it a single speed,,,,if you ask me make it a single speed.
If I had not needed the money I would have kept it....
P9061479-1-1.jpg

P9061478-2.jpg

I stopped by my LBS on the way to work today to inquire about some 27" or 700c wheels. He didn't have any in stock seeing as he deals mainly with BMX and skateboards. But he did give me a Schwinn girls World Tour (circa late '80's) that had some 27"s on it. This one will be fun.

fixie like mine or coaster like krams? he's sort of insired me to build one, but more like a re-do of my fixie. i like that sprocket. id take off the outer one, and leave the inner one for that stripped-out fixie look.
DSCN6418.jpg

i think its cheaper to go fixie(lots less parts you need :wink: ) plus you can use the multi speed hub, just take off the cog, buy a fixie one, screw it on an get a lock ring. other than that you need to flip the axle so the long nut is on the other side, and dish the wheel back to center.

I have all kinds of coaster hubs lying around- Couple Bendix Red bands, Bendix 76s, a Triple Yellow Kickback that is looking for a bike, several New Departure, and a few newer Shamino coasters. So I think one of those will find their way into the build. I built one fixie and really didn't feel the attraction. But you never know what will happen as the build progresses from my head to the bike.

whatever floats your boat man. :D i just get that itch for something different every once in a while.

thanks! it seems to get that a lot. its a shame i sold it now, cuz i feel the same way. so im trying to find another varsity to do it, cuz the one i have weighs a TON(its a 60s varsity)

Did a little research on the bike last night and found some interesting information. It is a Kabuki made frame. Steel tubes with cast aluminum lugs, the lugs are actually cast around the tubes. Kinda glad I didn't start attacking with the wire wheel yet. What is the best way to strip the paint from the aluminum without damaging it?

Back