Ultra rare GTR Sidewinder Found

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Its what i believe to be a 1969 CCM built for General tire and rubber, its built off the CCM Charger platform and was sold through General Tire dealers, The sidewinder name is for a tire they were selling at the time. The bike looks like it had a ton of miles on it the old pedals were worn i replaced them with a nicer set, even with the use the bike looks like it was not left out much and not banged around. I had the rims trued, replaced the brake lines with NOS grooved ones, the bike was completely dissembled and cleaned and regreased. It still has the original front General tire on it, i kept the little spoke reflectors on it as found. Lots of pics!!! Thanks
GTRSidewinderdone0041280x960.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone0291280x960.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone019960x1280.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone018960x1280.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone0151280x960.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone013960x1280.jpg

one word

AWESOME !

Killer Find

Its what i believe to be a 1969 CCM built for General tire and rubber, its built off the CCM Charger platform and was sold through General Tire dealers, The sidewinder name is for a tire they were selling at the time. The bike looks like it had a ton of miles on it the old pedals were worn i replaced them with a nicer set, even with the use the bike looks like it was not left out much and not banged around. I had the rims trued, replaced the brake lines with NOS grooved ones, the bike was completely dissembled and cleaned and regreased. It still has the original front General tire on it, i kept the little spoke reflectors on it as found. Lots of pics!!! Thanks
GTRSidewinderdone0041280x960.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone0291280x960.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone019960x1280.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone018960x1280.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone0151280x960.jpg
GTRSidewinderdone013960x1280.jpg

I just got the same bike I was wondering if I should restore it or just leave it the way it by any chance do you know how much tje bike is worth

Pics please...and the more the better. The members here are knowledgeable, but we're not psychic. Clear, copious photos are one of the few means to judge whether you're sitting on trash or treasure.

I don't have a clue on what it's worth. If it's missing parts it's probably not worth restoring because it would be hard to find parts for it. I've been looking for a better front fender for 3 years on all the CCM sites and nothing but crickets .

Back