ultimate bike hauler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, who needs the ultimate bike hauler?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2123439055.html

She is back again 4 sale. Tough times came and her home was lost. Yes she is a part of history. 1964 Cadillac Hearse for sale. She needs a good home. This remarkable work of auto art needs you to shelter her. Its an amazing find! At a steal of a price. I thought her battery was tired but it took a full charge. A trip to the cemetary will brighten up her day! Get your coveralls on and play with an oldy. She is ready to fixup for holloween and get her scarry on. I financed her last adventure here in napa valley, but it didn't last, give her some attention to detail. She is aspiring to be in the movies! So if you have a hot spot or warm spot for older 64 caddy's please come check her out. Email me with a number to reach you.

$2000. man if i was older and had more money that would be an awsome ride :mrgreen:

There's a newer white one here in KC that carries a bike around on top of it.

Back in the day, bands used to haul their gear to gigs in these things. Attention getters, and you could get a couple of Dual Showman amps in there along with all the other stuff. Now days, you could not haul the typical PA! :D

We did not have one, we rented 5x8 U-Hauls. Man, I hated unloading at 3 AM to get the trailer back the next day. We worked hard, but had one heck of a lot of fun!

masterpoop63 said:
$2000. man if i was older and had more money that would be an awsome ride :mrgreen:

That's not bad, I wish I had the cash. I'm guessing it's a big V8? about 10MPG?

Sweet deal! If that was local I'd be all over that! Always wanted one! I wanna say 63-67 Cad's had 429's, but I'm no expert. -Adam

hauler.jpg

I'd choose this. 8)

TheFlyingDingo said:
I would LOVE a hearse...But the history of them give me the heebie jeebies. How many dead people have they hauled? Probably more bikes I would haul in the cars lifetime.

Yeah but now days unless you bought the car new you never know they could have hauled more bodies than the hearse. :lol: :wink: I know mobsters used to say they could fit 10 in those caddy trunks. :mrgreen:

TheFlyingDingo said:
I would LOVE a hearse...But the history of them give me the heebie jeebies. How many dead people have they hauled? Probably more bikes I would haul in the cars lifetime.
That's why you get the flower car. All it holds is flowers. :D

Bigcam59 said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
That's why you get the flower car. All it holds is flowers. :D
The El-Camino type thing?

Haha, Yeah.
outskirtscustoms said:
TheFlyingDingo said:

Yeah but now days unless you bought the car new you never know they could have hauled more bodies than the hearse. :lol: :wink: I know mobsters used to say they could fit 10 in those caddy trunks. :mrgreen:

Imagine finding a new hearse...that would be so cool!

Our church has a couple of old funeral-home limousines (not hearses) used to pick up elderly folks.

The problem we had was that small cars are hard to get in and out of for some of these people. And the current "large cars" are the SUVs, which require one to step up. The limousines solve both problems. These are stretched limos with 1- extra seat and set of doors, no swimming pools or TVs or anything.

How this works: New limousines are very expensive. They are bought new by larger funeral homes, run for a few years until they start showing some wear and tear and then sold to smaller funeral homes. They run them for a few years, and when they get too ratty, nobody wants them anymore. They are actually worth less than a normal caddy because they are "stretched" at that point. I think we paid $2,500 for one of them, and $5,000 or so for the other. The one I've been driving has 57,000 miles or so on it.

I assume the hearses would be similar. Once they get sort of ratty, nobody wants them, not too many people want to collect them, and prices are bound to be low.

I'm thinking back in the 50's, ambulances were basically the same body- at least with the model cars, they were.

I love old hearses, I had one in high school and I didn't have to drive everybody around....lol. Plus I could haul about anything I wanted. Kinda just a morbid station wagon with better maintenance records and less mileage I saw it for sale down the street from where I lived and thought it was awesome. Ended up trading a '93 mustang convertible for the '58 Caddy hearse, I ended up customizing the fins and lights from a '59 into it. new upholstery, and some used bullet mags. Then I had to sell it cause a girlfriend didn't dig the hearse. I still miss it.

always thought it would be cool have a hearse and use a coffin in the back for a toolbox. :shock:

Latest posts

Back