UCB Hub Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently taking pictures of my factory cutaway hub collection. Will post them separately soon.

New hub rebuild thread coming in the next week or so- New Departure Model A. I will be stealing c.p.odom's cut-away picture to go along with the thread unless I lose my mind and feel the urge to cut it up.
ND-MODEL-A-01.jpg

Hey Cameron! If I don't sell this 3 speed hub soon, I may give it back to you to disect, if you want it.

udallcustombikes said:
unless I lose my mind and feel the urge to cut it up.
ND-MODEL-A-01.jpg

I decided not to use the Model A on my build so I am trying to sell it. If it is still here at the end of April it will be sliced and added to my cut-away collection.

New Hub Added- Bendix Original Coaster Brake Hub. These are similar to both the Red Band and the RB2 hub.

Red Band hub switched from the threaded sprocket and driver to the splined style.

RB2 Switched from the splined sprocket/driver to the familiar three tab style. They also revised the expanders to incorporate the brake shoe keys.

I still need to document a Morrow hub rebuild, but I don't have one in my collection. Anyone interested in loaning me a Morrow in exchange for a free rebuild? A local hub would be best but if you want to pay shipping both ways I am ok with that.

Back