Uber cool vintage kid's bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My supervisor at work wants me to restore this for his dad as a Christmas present. It was his as a young child. His dad was born in 1938 and said he got this when he was 5 years old. The headbadge says SPEED BIKE and has a Texas Ranger badge looking emblem in the middle. The back tire is original: fat white wall. They're probably 2.5" wide when inflated. The motor is stamped steel. How cool would it have been to be riding this around?!

42261941232-vi.jpg

33261819456-vi.jpg

28260499360-vi.jpg

WOW :shock: That is wayyy cool. Keep us posted on the resoration. I would love to see this done.. 8)

Speedy Bike...

Yeah, those things are worth some coin. I *think* I just saw one at a Memory Lane bike show with a huge price tag on it. Great find, that is a rare one!

Chips_Mahoy said:
I really need some photos of one or some literature to help me with the restoration.

I heard those bikes will really take a load! :p If you look at the truck in the background of this pic, you'll get an idea how old these bikes are.Gary
cj_35905.jpg

Now that's funny! I posted that exact photo recently in the vintage photos thread! I didn't even realize what the bike was! Never made the connection.......thanks Mr Obvious. You're a life saver!!

Chips_Mahoy said:
509clunk said:
a speedy bike !! ive been looking for one :mrgreen:

Where can I find some info on it?
Nostalgic . Net has some info, I know a couple of guys that picked them up for 500-1000$ and they were riders! The 3500 on eBay I am sure was a fishing expedition

WOW!!! Tell your supervisor that it a lost cause and you'll take it off his hands for $50. :p :mrgreen: :p

kingfish254 said:
WOW!!! Tell your supervisor that it a lost cause and you'll take it off his hands for $50. :p :mrgreen: :p

Nah.....couldn't do that. He's a pretty good supervisor.

I'll take a look at Nostalgic. Thanks! I've found quite a few photos and a little info on them already. I'm hoping my supervisor's mother has an old photo of it from his parents I can use as a reference.

ForgottenMCs said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
509clunk said:
a speedy bike !! ive been looking for one :mrgreen:

Where can I find some info on it?

The bike you have there is called a Speed-O-Byke. I am writing a book the history of these bykes and can answer all your questions. Please contact me, David Hartwick, at 408-497-7746 or [email protected]
You can also find me on Facebook at ForgottenMCs Research. Go to my photos and find the album titled Speed-O-Byke. There I have many photos of Speed-O-Bykes. Many of the pics are of my Speed-O-Byke collection. I currently have 16 Speed-O-Bykes.

Back