Typical day on Craigslist.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huh?

Alot of the CL posts in my area go something like this:

"VINTAGE!! 1995 HUFFY Cruiser (looks like SCHWINN!!!) only a little rust. Only rode this twice. What an awesome CLASSIC VINTAGE RIDE! Only asking $300 Firm! Fenders are extra - make offer!!"

It's tough to find any cool old bikes here without paying an arm and a leg (or a kidney) , anything with Schwinn on it anywhere is like $200 and up.

Sheesh.

We have a decent amount of bikes on our CL but I dont think a whole bunch of them are desireable since they are mostly MTB or little kids bikes.

I just contacted a guy about a Schwinn Stingray Fairlady 1974 in decent shape for 150.00.

What I reeeeaally get tired of seeing on our CL is all of the BMX stuff.

Most of it's all newer stuff, and honestly, it all looks the same to me.

Of course, we could live in Chicago and all be broke from the abundance of cool vintage bikes on that CL. :lol:

My score on CL today. six rims, three rear coaster brake 26'', two front 26'' ,one 16'' front. All a little rusty but straight. 25.00 for all six. The guy told me he would leave them by his front door and to put the money under the bird feeder, pretty trusting heh? a good CL deal all the way around
fattire074-1.jpg
fattire073-1.jpg
[/img]

Hey sensor, ours actually has a few nice ones - See what I mean though? Most are dept store bikes, and if there are any REAL classics, people try to squeeze alot of $$$ outta ya.

Latest posts

Back