two tone hi po (getting close to done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i could have left this bike alone but what fun would that be. how often do you get a bike and leave it alone. plus it was in bad shape and i don't think it would have lasted another 60 years. that and i wanted to see if i could bring it back to life. i'm putting it here in the rat rod build off because it's rattle can paint. and no were near original. so far i took it a part and did alot of sanding. got the tank done or done enough and the headlight next is the frame. it will have 68 spoke chrome rims chrome springer and chrome fenders. every thing else white and yellow.
before pic
goodyear2.jpg

goodyear1.jpg

here is some after
tank2.jpg

tank.jpg

goodyearlight.jpg

more pics to come

Re: two tone hi po

what a great bike to start with smut!!! cant wait to see this one evolve!!

Easy E

Yeah, that tank looks better painted! I know there was some discussion about it, but it was pretty crusty! This bike will be sweet! ~Adam

sweet good year cant wait to see what you do hey did you get your name from the long beach punk band i love it and ive seen them a couple of time with das klown

the frame is going in for sandblasting on monday not going to hand sand it like i did the tank. and yes i got the name from the punk band i don't even remember how many times i've seen them. i hit up most of there oc shows.

got the frame back from sandblasting and there were a lot of pits. so i had to break out the filler bondo. it will take a little longer to finish now but will be well worth it.

NOT FAIR. Yours was finished in the first photo, before you started. Can't wait to see it's 2nd life. Nice

will be done with this build soon got it in the mock up stage only to find out the rear fender wont fit not to happy about that.
i got some new parts for the springer forks. i got a huffy beach cruiser frame and the real bent lowrider springer forks for 27 bucks off ebay. so i'm taking the best pieces from both forks to make one real good one then i'm going to build a ratty lowrider. the more i look at this bike the more i like it. it's for my girl thats why it is girly
i'll take better pics in the day light but here it is so far

goodyear.jpg

Back