Twenty Quid Triumph

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a few vintage British rides, strong and solid bikes, built like a brick you know what :) Your 20 quid is roughly 40-45 dollars here, an excellent deal in my opinion!

oldrider said:
I've had a few vintage British rides, strong and solid bikes, built like a brick you know what :) Your 20 quid is roughly 40-45 dollars here, an excellent deal in my opinion!

Okay, I wasn't sure on the conversion to us dollars, but yeah that was a good deal. I've never owned a British bike but plenty of English ones that are similar. I love them.

Here are my two current British bikes.........An early 40s ladies CCM bike with a Perry coaster hub, a 5 dollar yardsale find. And a 1930s British Ranger that I've never exactly been able to figure out, the hub only says "made in England", nothing else. I am only the second owner of the Ranger, I'm lucky enough to know its exact roots.
fadedandsub2.jpg

:shock: that british ranger is sweet, I love those authentic leather seats, Heres my English Hercules, I'm waiting on different forks I hate mine.
BEFORE:
P9150193.jpg

AFTER
P9170013.jpg

P9170014.jpg

This one has no springs only a cage leather and rivets. HARDCORE Biker style!
P9170016.jpg

Thanks Skills! My conversion math was a tad off the mark :) I always thought it was about double, but thats in Canada.

Outskirt, did you keep that Wrights saddle? My leather Wrights that you see there is torn, it looks your top would fit on my bottom :)

oldrider said:
Outskirt, did you keep that Wrights saddle? My leather Wrights that you see there is torn, it looks your top would fit on my bottom :)
I still ride mine with that same seat! It's actually more comfy than it looks............ :lol: :mrgreen:

Tar very much for the comments!

It's a Roadster model from some time around the mid 50's.
I'll start cleaning it up soon, I've taken the mudguards off and will start cleaning the rust off the wheels with wire brushes/wire wool and
elbow grease.

Back