Turkey vs. Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this happened a few weeks ago and I thought it was kinda funny
I came home from work and found 8 wild turkeys in my backyard :eek:
So I had to step out and take a picture so people would believe me (SchwinnRay...LOL)
The tom turkey was standing in the alley right in my way to get in the garage
He was gobbling away and after watching a nature show recently, I knew it wasn't a friendly gesture
IMG_0510II.jpg

So I honked the horn and it didn't phase him a bit, in fact he started approaching the car
The neighbor kids were watching so I didn't want to mow him down so I inched forward with the horn blaring.
He attacked the car :eek::eek: and the neighbor girl let out a huge squeal
I saw the winds flapping in front of the hood and he was going crazy
Thought I'd mess up my car more running him over than letting him scratch it up Arghhhh!

So I inched forward and he came around the side and went crazy on the wheel/tire
By that time, 2 more of the hens had started heading down the alley
so I just kept blowing the horn and directing them down the alley.

Waited until they were past the garage before I opened the door
and then I saw the tom booking toward me in my rear view mirror.
I got the car in but not fast enough and the tom followed me in
and start attacking the back of the car (and I couldn't see a 2x4 handy, of course...)

So I got ticked and pushed him back out while looking in my back up camera :rolleyes:.
He stayed in the alley while I got back in and got the door closed.
Luckily he didn't scratch up the car that I can see or this story would have had another ending...

It was seriously the craziest thing I've seen since there is no woods around my house for about a mile (?!)
Saw on the news recently there were some other similar incidents locally due to their mating season (all in the name of love ;))

They might have been so bold due to the weather changing because it looked like this the next morning (~6" of snow) !!!
IMG_0514.jpg

I've had to run through flocks of geese and almost run over squirrels with my bike
but I think I'd give a spring-crazed wild turkey full girth from now on LOL

Not as good as Randy's Bull in the Backyard story but I hope you get a laugh out of it.
I still can't help thinking about the the great turkey sandwich I had with FIL a week before
and maybe I missed out LOL.

Thanks for looking
Steve

I had a bump in with a big bad horny Tom while I was running an American bull dog I had.
But like you said, the bird was slap nuts mad! Squared off with a 140# set of jaws in the middle of the road! Bubba carried it home the 4 miles....
We ate it with stuffing.

I had a bump in with a big bad horny Tom while I was running an American bull dog I had.
But like you said, the bird was slap nuts mad! Squared off with a 140# set of jaws in the middle of the road! Bubba carried it home the 4 miles....
We ate it with stuffing.
Victory!

Luke.

When I first met/married married my best friend/wife there was a Tom turkey that her Grandpa had either raised or "tamed" :confused:... They called him "Tom":rofl:

You were always on the look out when you stopped by Grandpa's place that year he was a PITA.

The horse trailer had to be hooked up to the "Tonner" (late 70's-mid 80's Chevy 1 Ton Dually pickup with a flat bed for hauling round bales) so I made the wife and her mom come with me. I backed up under the goose neck of the horse trailer and told the girls that I would chase off Tom, but I wanted one on each side of me while I messed with the trailer.

It didn't matter if it was spring or not, if he could come up and attack you to get you out of his "territory" he would. As long as you kept one eye on Tom and didn't let the little SOB get behind you on your "6" you were fine. With both ladies keeping watch, we were able to hook up the Tonner to the trailer and move it over to her Uncles place on the Ranch.

They make an excellent game animal and are smart with keen eyesight. You have not lived until you had a Tom gobble back at you, thinking you were a hen that was looking for some loving!

Oly

Ugh, if that was my car that turkey wouldn't be alive! :blackeye: That's a crazy story. At least the turkey didn't attack you!! :13:

Latest posts

Back