Trying to identify a 24" Schwinn...missing serial numbers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, I have a mens/boys 24" Schwinn bicycle that I elieve is from the early 70's....but I cannot locate the darn serial numbers :( I have looked all over the rear drop outs,the bottom bracket....and also the headtube and anywhere else that one would expect the numbers to normally be....but no luck so far :? Is it possible that some of these frames donmt have numbers stamped on them? I don't have the original head badge.......but the actual numbers shouldn't have been on that,correct?

Kinda lost here.....and could use some pointers here ;)

2012-02-08_18-23-34_85.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality :( I bought the bike complete at a yard sale last year....it'd been sandblasted,reassembled, and I bought it that way. In my ignorance I left it outside for a few months.....but nothing that another sandblasting can't fix ;)

A picture from rear to determine if its a balloon or middleweight frame. Then flip the frame and take a picture of the bottom bracket shell (BB).

Its a schwinn!

Determining the model would be impossible without trace of the original paint and numbers.

Numbers might of been erased by the axle nut.

You can built it into whatever you want.

Middleweight for sure. Here's a pic of a 24" Speedster. Might have looked something like this. Gary
DSC03766.jpg

Gary, thanks for posting that pic. Mine came with a mag sprocket, rubber block pedals, and fenders for sure. The back fender was recessed with a round reflector mounted in it....if that's anymore help in determining this bike's origin.

Latest posts

Back