Truck Bike Racks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My dilemma is that my Ford Sport Trac has a terribly small bed. None of my bikes fit right unless I drop the tailgate. I'm not interested in anything that requires removing the front wheel. Any of you have those tailgate racks that use straps? Buying a hitch is an option but it's a $100+ option and that's money for bikes haha.

Do the hitch you won't regret it strap on anything is a bad idea especially with heavy bikes. I have a receiver on all my vehicles even the pop up camper just for bikes. Besides with that small bed you're going to need a trailer:grin:

I agree w/ Gary; SporTrac's bed is more for a "Frat Truck" than for a bike-hauler. You got a hitch; put it to good use! :thumbsup:

i use a hollywood platform rack,i bought a bolt on hitch from harbor frieght for $18.00,good to tow 5000 lbs,i had it on for all summer and my bikes are heavy weights,my truck is a 1977 soi had to drill the four holes to mount itnewer trucks already have the holes,im more than hppy with it,same goes for the platform rack,used regular carriers for years,plat form rack iaway nicer

I have both. I Never use the strap on one. The only way to go is the Hitch slide in unit. But problem is that it covers the license plate partially. COPS...
Good Luck

I can't use the bolt on type as suggested above. My bumper has a dip at the center and it's thin metal there. I thought about making something to slide over the tailgate.

i dont know what year your truck is but i used to go to thr junk yard and buy rear bumpers with the hitch still on it,just a thought

Latest posts

Back