Trouble finding tries. Help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my wife a schwinn breeze last year and now I need to get on the road. Problem, it is 26x1 3/8. I had know ideal that I would this much trouble finding a set. Does anyone here know where I can get some white wall?Thanks!

If your wifes Breeze has the stock wheels then it will need schwinn specific tires to fit a s-6 rim.
Niagara cycle has skinwall and blackwall, but to my knowledge nobody repros whitewalls.

Are you set on whitewalls or will all black do? Because I've got a breeze that I was going to fix up, but I have decided to part it out. I bought a brand new set of tires for it. They've never been installed. Any interest? Maybe we can work something out
What part of southern Indy are you in?
GT

DO NOT BUY FROM THAT GUY!!!! This dude is a serious profiteer. I have seen your tire in w/w but they have never been cheap! They are a Schwinn specific size and readily available from LBS. I'm willing to bet you KOTA would make you a better deal. :wink:

OOPS! :oops: looks like I got the name wrong, GTcoma would probably give you a better deal. :mrgreen:

I bought the 26x1 3/8 for my wife's Schwinn S-7 rims at the LBS. They have a street tread on them. I think paid something like $14 each. I believe that they're Kenda's.

100_7516.JPG

I dont know much about schwinn wheels, but will a 26 x 1 3/4 fit? I put 26 x 1.75's on my wifes breeze (non-factory wheels, no fenders) and it looks great.

Thanks for your help.The tires I have on the bike s5 or s6 1 3/8. I'm going to go by the lbs but he is usally $$$. I will check on the Kenda.

S-5/6 TUBES

just to add more confusion to another needlessly long schwinn tire thread :) i've been using 700x35-38c 'hybrid' bike tubes lately. they're a litle large but i find if i use them the tire beads are less likely to 'dip' down into the rim and i don't have to struggle to get them seated. no lubing, tire pliers, cursing, etc......

Slick Rick said:
DO NOT BUY FROM THAT GUY!!!! This dude is a serious profiteer. I have seen your tire in w/w but they have never been cheap! They are a Schwinn specific size and readily available from LBS. I'm willing to bet you KOTA would make you a better deal. :wink:

I have met him personally and kind of agree. I was told I could trust him when I had some old bikes to sell. He bought a bunch of stuff from me when we were doing our bike give-away for the needy. He knew that we were using the money to buy parts to fix up more bikes to give away. I thought what he offered was pretty low but took it any way. Like I said I was told I could trust him. Then I see the stuff on ebay and what he was selling it for and I couldn't believe it. I am not against someone making a profit, but come on I bet he made 1,000%.

But you can't blame him for asking high prices when people pay them. I have seen items I can buy for $9.00 and he gets $38.00 for them and people are buying. Everyone just needs to shop around, the same things can be found elsewhere for half the price.

I can say he does know his stuff. I was at a bike show and a bunch of people were asking him all sorts of questions and he always knew the answer, or at least they thought he did.

Google up Sheldon Brown's tire sizing chart for fairly complete info on the tire size issue.

I had an old 3 speed Sears bike that I put new tires on. I tried to use tubes labeled "1.25-1.5" x 26". Those won't work. The overall diameter was too small, so I had to stretch around the rim, and then they'd get between the rim and the tire when the tire was in place. Use the right innertube.

I'm not sure if the 26x1-3/8 you mention is the "standard" size used on all the 3-speeds. I have HAVE seen a tire that size at Walmart, but it was $15. I bought a pair of cheap blackwall tires from Niagara Cycle via mailorder.

Thanks for all the good info. I have gone to shelden B. and read up on it. I talked to LBS guy and he getting ready to order some tires to fit my wife bike. I'm just going to run the black walls. If I get it done I'll post a pick.Thanks!

Slick Rick said:
I AGREE, I had very bad experience with that guy. I wont get into it but..He did threaten violence in his ALL CAP EMAILS AND cell phone calls.

Back