TRM Christy Saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
TRM will be offering a fiberglass Christy Saddle in the near future. It obviously will not replace an original metal Christy for a concours restoration, but will make a great option for a TOC style saddle that can be used for a daily rider or something unique for a rat!
TRM Christy Saddle.jpg

Will it come with upholstery or padding? Will it have the rails or will it just be the pan? Nice that you are doing this, bringing back a rare item that us in the know can get our hands on. Very cool. I like the gas ejector groove, should make for a more comfortable ride after eating beans, sauerkraut, boiled eggs and copious amounts of cheap beer. Our ancestors were smatter than we give them credit for. This combination of food is my secret recipe for winning our annual deer camp "gas assplosion contest". I hope no one from camp sees this. Success to you with this great endeavor.

It will have leather or vinyl padded cushions similar to the original. I will probably offer unfinished pads also if someone wanted to match their own leather themselves. They will be mounted on a sprung seat rail with a standard post clamp.

I'll be interested in hearing the price, when the time comes.
Me too! I'm taking a leap of faith with this one. I hope to keep the cost as low as possible.

The fiberglass won't involve nearly as much labor and materials to produce as my tanks, but there's going to be more parts involved with this than the tanks with the pads and the frame.

It will be nice to have a different kind of new TOC-appropriate saddle option. Could you offer patterns for the pads for someone that might want to use their own leather/vinyl/cloth and cushion material?

It will be nice to have a different kind of new TOC-appropriate saddle option. Could you offer patterns for the pads for someone that might want to use their own leather/vinyl/cloth and cushion material?
Yes. I will determine a pricing structure that will allow you to buy every level of completeness from just a pan to a turn key ready to ride version.

I don't have a bike for this (at the moment . . .), but the cushion I sewed up for Interrobang was actually pretty fun to do in spite of all the stabbed fingers and that got me thinking of excuses to make more cushions. Maybe use stingray skin or something, I don't know.

Latest posts

Back