trike build help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Say I am in need of some help. I am wanting to build something even more or there than usual. I am wanting to build an adult trike, think big wheel style. I have been searching for the past few hours for a free wheel hub that I can put pedals on. A typical trike is a straight drive, so when you stop peddling you stop moving...ie a fixie.

I was wondering if you guys had any leads or thoughts on where to find one of these hubs.

Any help would be great

Kind of a long shot, but maybe something like this would work...
http://www.spinlife.com/Invacare-Top-End-Li'l-Excelerator-Handcycle/spec.cfm?productID=390
23112.jpg

To clarify, use a coaster brake, chain and redirect the crank behind the fork somehow...

I have been looking at those green machines. I am possibly going to use it as a drifting trike as well.

Will watch the video as well. Those pedals in that video look jenky as heck. Wow

Thanks guys

I agree with luke,find a green machine on CL and lace the hub to a bigger rim.
The janky crank and pedals can be replaced with bmx stuff.
Oh the wheel on my green machine is 28 spoke,so you'll have to find a 28 hole rim. Some older bikes have 28 spokes,occasionally you can find a 24 or 26 inch rim on eBay.

Coker makes a 36" wheel for their bike and unicycle. If you could order a fork and unicycle wheel, it would probably feel like being three-years-old again.

It won't be easy to mount a uni wheel, with cranks, to a fork. I'm sure it could be done with enough ingenuity and fab-work, but it won't be a bolt-on solution.

It might be if you use the fork from their "wheelman" semi-high wheeler. I don't know if they sell individual parts, though.

Yeah looking at other frames, the front forks are weird. I do have access to a mill and a lathe, so I may be able to fabricate something to work.

Back