Tribute Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First, my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I would have placed this in the builds forum but since I failed to catalog through pictures the build of this bike, I figured that would be counter to the spirit of that forum. Also, since this is not a genuine vintage BMX, I feel like I am missing the intent of this forum but dang it, I want to show what I have accomplished. Please afford me a little latitude for my indiscretion.

My intent of building this bike was to pay tribute to BMX bikes of the day. I have been an admirer of vintage BMX since before they were vintage so one day I figured I would try and pay homage to those bikes. I gave my self a budget of what I have on hand in the parts pile and what I can fabricate myself. So I started with a Wal-goose frame that somewhat mimicked the style I had pictured in my mind. Then I added bars and a stem from another Wal-goose. I dug out the aluminum pedals, crank and crank ring from the parts box (don't really remember what they came off of) and the seat post was a mystery find as I needed a super small diameter post to fit the frame. Had to scavenge the seat post clamp from a 16" parts bike as well. Funny thing, it was actually a stem clamp for that bike holding the handlebars in place. :p The wheels came off of a Schwinn BMX I found a few streets over that had been put out for bulk trash pick up. Admittedly, the seat, grips, brake assembly and tires are new. I had the brake assembly, grips and seat leftover from past purchases for other projects. The tires I bought from Porkchop. They gave me the inspiration for the colors I chose. As you can see, I went black n pink on it. My wife sewed up the pad covers and I ironed on some letter transfers. The actual foam for the pads were leftover pieces of pipe insulation. This bike took me a while but in the end, I love it! It rides so freaking awesome! I was a little weary of the 1.75 tires as I always think they look so small but they ride ssswwwweeeeetttttttt! So what do you think?

DSCN1953.jpg

DSCN1950.jpg

DSCN1958.jpg

DSCN1952.jpg

DSCN1951.jpg

Latest posts

Back