TREK SAWYER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saw one of these in a local shop last weekend....man they are sweet! :D

As you would expect....the price was pretty hefty too. :cry:

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mo ... er/sawyer/

sawyer.png

Pretty much coping the Retro-tecs and Black Sheep. Cool none the less and about half the price.

I read the review of those in MTB Action... they loved it. I've not seen one iin person yet though.

It looks really nice in person. I walked in the shop and saw it parked there and thought....whoa...what is that? :shock:

I thought at first it was a Retro-tec and then I got up closer and saw the Gary Fisher signature.

This one has been modded a lot, but I think these are the stock bars... which are a lot different than most mountain bike bars. Pretty cool. Also, you can see the double top tube

FYI... not my bike or car (I wish... on both accounts)

img_20101006_103518.jpg

I just picked up a frame and fork off the old Ebay... and I can't wait for it to get here! I have been eying these for a while. I will post pictures and build specs when it comes in. I am not a fan of the 2011 "grey" but maybe I will repaint with a little metal flake. :mrgreen:

Very cool! Be sure to post pics!

You going single speed? I run my Paragon framed build with a 1x9, but have never tried to tackle a SS yet.

biss-ness said:
I just picked up a frame and fork off the old Ebay... and I can't wait for it to get here! I have been eying these for a while. I will post pictures and build specs when it comes in. I am not a fan of the 2011 "grey" but maybe I will repaint with a little metal flake. :mrgreen:

Finally pieced it all together, hopefully it won't rain tomorrow so I can hit some dirt! I think this winter I am going to give it a new coat of "bass boat black" with some Schwinn head tube scallops. But for now it's off to the trails with some old school style. :mrgreen:

005-14.jpg

004-11.jpg

002-8.jpg

Back