Trash Picked Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and picked up this near mint Schwinn Stingray yesterday for only 5.00. Seems the seller drives a trash truck for the city and someone threw it to the curb. While i was there got a Huffy trick bike with pegs,A small kids bike both rideable and a parts mtn. bike. Got all for 10 bucks.

He said hes finds them all the time so i made a deal to buy every bike he finds.

I have never ridden one til now. Definitly not my cup of tea. I put it on CL for 75.00 but no interest. I see a lot of these saying "rare" etc. Only thing rare about thenm is a low price. Doubt I get 75 but its worth a shot.

I figure the owner probably bought it for a spoiled kid who never rode it and since they probably didnt "need" money was easier to toss away rather than go thru the hassle of selling or taking to Goodwill.

I had a hard time getting rid of the ones I had. I sold mine for $50 took a while but someone came and got it lol I remember buying one new when they first came out. I should have bought the raleigh chopper insted but no this looked awesome at time lol I kinda like scrappers. if you get to know em and offer them $5 to $15 a bike they bring them all to you and you don't have to look for the bikes yourself lol one of them takes my scrp and gives me bikes in return aswell.

I see a lot of these choppers listed for 200 plus claiming rare or collectible. They dont sell. Honestly I think 75 for mine is dreaming but I will lower it in a few days if I have too. If I get 50 I would be happy. Choppers have never been a strong seller for me.Had a sharp JJ with apes that it took forever to sell for 75. Seems to be very little interest in these type of bikes. After riding them I see why.

What size wheel will fit in the front forks? It might be worth it just for the forks and handlebars.

Part it out in the for sale section. I have seen guys here get more out of parts than the complete bikes. The rear rims make great chopper / fat bike material. Also Harley Davidson tires will fit the stingray rear rim.

Yeah you can cut that bike up into amazing parts and build something cool... There's a BUNCH of guys here who've done that... I could always use another big rim and tire for my build too...

Sold it tonight purely by accident not from any Craigs interest.Guy came over to get 4 junk mtn bikes and I mentioned the chopper which was in the house. I rolled it outside and let him have the chopper and the scrap mtn bikes for 100.00. Not a bad profit and a quick flip considering I had about 20 bucks in everything he bought.

I remember when I was in junior high and those bikes were hot. But people quickly hated riding them and they all got parked. The regular banana seat bike got the crap ridden out of them. In 2004 I got my second bike in November, it was a Micargi Hero. I loved that bike and nobody dared to steal it because everybody in the neighborhood knew who owned it. I rode it hard, doing burn outs, wheelies, riding through the mud and dirt. There was a farmers field behind our house and me and my friend would race back there. My "muscle bike" and his BMX. I haven't riden it in forever though. Its garaged. For all the stuff I put it through, it survived in pretty good shape. Always garage kept.

Back