Trans-it (New grips so calling it done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool bars ! And I would love to have a set of the Juled pedals !!!!! Sweet [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the paint and pedals and those bars are super wide!

Got the fork back and stripped and did a repaint and put it back together . also prepped the chain guard and got some paint on it. still need to find some grips I like. and going to look at some material to maybe do a different seat. Wheels will have to go on later till after Clyde James bike show don't want to take em off yet,

Nice job on paint ! , the chain guard came out superbe!

you could always cheat with a good thin tape for the pint stripes, even professionals do it in some situations

Have you tried swapping the axles between the two different front wheels? If that doesn't work it's pretty quick And easy enlarging a dropout with a file, I got a rat tail in a file set at Harbor Freight that was the perfect size for making old dropouts accept modern axles. I think the whole set set me back a whopping $7.

Bike is looking good, the axles as stated before are an easy fix.
Keep it up.

...it's pretty quick And easy enlarging a dropout with a file, I got a rat tail in a file set at Harbor Freight that was the perfect size for making old dropouts accept modern axles.
This is a viable solution, but if you make a mistake or change your mind later its much easier to deal with replacing axels instead of the rockers on that vintage fork. Just something to consider.

Have you tried swapping the axles between the two different front wheels? If that doesn't work it's pretty quick And easy enlarging a dropout with a file, I got a rat tail in a file set at Harbor Freight that was the perfect size for making old dropouts accept modern axles. I think the whole set set me back a whopping $7.
Going to try to swap axles if I don't have another wheel. wheel set was off a HD industrial bike

Back