Trans-it (New grips so calling it done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really like the 'weathered' cover material... but I just went back a page to view your whole bike, and it's mostly black and red, and not real weathered looking. I say black.

Made a little progress today, got a chain on and added a prewar new departure bell and the patch for a head badge.. Will keep this seat cuz my attempt at a recover did not go to well. Its on the ground and now to source some grips and maybe some other stuff.

Looking terrific so far buddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Went to the LBS and picked up some Electra grips, Guess they will have to do... Chicken motor just did not work out on this fork so maybe going on another build:(. Temp and humidity has been bad here:whew:, almost had a heat stroke getting the photos yesterday

Thanks for the tips!! I think I have a wheel buried in the shed or in storage, if not I will give these a try
Use your flap wheel. It is easier to make the axle nice and even that way. I always swear I am going to safety wire them but locktite and forget about it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Newbie here to a build off... But think I will give it a try. This is the starting point and wing it as I go. This bike started life as a girls bike(trans-it) but a friend I got it from did the change over. Will use parts off my Schwinn and other stuff I can dig up. If the motor fits the fork I will use it got to put it back together first.

That looks really familiar, if you want to shoehorn a pit bike motor in there down the line I left plenty of room in there for one.
67b551e6854c9ff0b96cc458b3391808.jpg

That looks really familiar, if you want to shoehorn a pit bike motor in there down the line I left plenty of room in there for one.
67b551e6854c9ff0b96cc458b3391808.jpg

Thanks for the frame.. finally got around to doing something with it. Pit bike motor??? might look in to that.

Back