Traded my beat up 66 Schwinn Fastback for a trailer full!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This first bike is 78 Schwinn Heavy Duty that I'm currently building (see builds).
heavyduty.jpg
This is a balloon tire huge badge Hollywood
hollywood.jpg
I think this is a girls Hornet???
thecollection3.jpg
This is a 52 Hornet plus every bike in the back ground came with the deal!
thecollection2.jpg
This is a 62 Schwinn Racer
thecollection.jpg
Finally a 62 Schwinn Typhoon Enjoy!!
62Typhoon.jpg

Re: Traded my beat up 62 Schwinn Fastback for a trailer full!

A twin straight bar Typhoon! I've been looking for one of those. There was some discussion awhile back if they actually made a Typhoon with that version of frame.

Wildcat said:
A twin straight bar Typhoon! I've been looking for one of those. There was some discussion awhile back if they actually made a Typhoon with that version of frame.

oh yah they are out ther man i reicently sold two of those :oops: lookin for another ! nice score jimmyjam !

Nice haul! You got some great bikes there. I like the twin bar Typhoon too.

A
ratina said:
Lots of nice stuff you got there.

BTW - Schwinn didnt make the Fastback until 1966.
Sorry, that's right. 66 was the first year and it was black with a funky sprocket.

jimmyjam said:
A
ratina said:

Sorry, that's right. 66 was the first year and it was black with a funky sprocket.

Sounds like it was a Sprint model.

The Hollywood and the yellow girls bike pictured right after it both look like middleweights to me. Gary

B607 said:
The Hollywood and the yellow girls bike pictured right after it both look like middleweights to me. Gary
Its possible, but their fenders are way wider than any middle weight I have. So I figured balloon and they both have s2 rims, but then again I don't know I guess.

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Wildcat said:

oh yah they are out ther man i reicently sold two of those :oops: lookin for another ! nice score jimmyjam !
Thanks A.S. BOLTNUT I was real excited about this find!!

Wildcat said:
Hey wild cat here's a pic of that 1962 Schwinn Typhoon cleaned up and painted!!
1962Typhoonrepaint.jpg

Yep, you're right, the earliest Fastbacks are 1966's, with "pullback" handlebars and the Sprint sprocket - a flat, thin 5-spoke sprocket that looks like it was made by Nervar.

The Sprint hubs and derailleurs continued in 1967 but the chainring changed to the 52 tooth "MAG" patent-pending sprocket.

I had a black Nov 66 bike that was actually a 67 Fastback... 1-67 date on fork, had Sprint parts but Mag sprocket.

The bike haul is awesome! So many good bikes in there. Love the Heavy Duti's, though you'll have trouble keeping up with my Worksman for sheer carrying capacity... and of course the Typhoon is way cool.

That 62 Racer is a unique one as well, love the funky headbadge. I'm about to pick up one of those. (Soon, Doug! lol)

Have fun!
--Rob

jimmyjam said:
A
ratina said:

NLCTVWguy said:
Yep, you're right, the earliest Fastbacks are 1966's, with "pullback" handlebars and the Sprint sprocket - a flat, thin 5-spoke sprocket that looks like it was made by Nervar.

The Sprint hubs and derailleurs continued in 1967 but the chainring changed to the 52 tooth "MAG" patent-pending sprocket.

I had a black Nov 66 bike that was actually a 67 Fastback... 1-67 date on fork, had Sprint parts but Mag sprocket.

The bike haul is awesome! So many good bikes in there. Love the Heavy Duti's, though you'll have trouble keeping up with my Worksman for sheer carrying capacity... and of course the Typhoon is way cool.

That 62 Racer is a unique one as well, love the funky headbadge. I'm about to pick up one of those. (Soon, Doug! lol)

Have fun!
--Rob
Thanks Rob, The person I traded knew every correct nut and bolt to that bike. I tore apart the front hub and it had loose bearings, so when I took it to him in zip lock bag he knew how many ball bearings there were supposed to be! He even got excited because I had the original chain. :shock:

jimmyjam said:
A
ratina said:

Back