Traded for a skip tooth schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went a done a job this morning replacing a porch light on an old house. Well the house had an old ceramic based light that the owner didnt want to reuse so I went and bought a modern light to put up and ended up with the old one. Even though I love old stuff I really didnt have a use for the light or felt like CL it so I took it down to the local junk store that buys and trades stuff (knowing he had some old bikes Ive wanted for ever) well i went in and the guy tried getting me to take $5 for the light. I told him ok you know I know more about old stuff then the everyday person and he knew I had them. I said well since we cant come to an agreement on price how about we do a little trading so I ended up with my first skiptooth schwinn.
Heres the light I had
IMG_20130401_123645_zpsd839217e.jpg

and heres the bike I ended up with, head badge is missing and the rear spokes are roached but the skiptooth is still in good shape.
IMG_20130401_130009_zpscaba5e43.jpg

IMG_20130401_130023_zps8ea1c042.jpg

The frame and skiptooth parts are in pretty good shape for its age the worst parts is the rear rim and spokes but the skiptooth hub should clean up good.Its numbers are F281056. It was made Oct 19th 1949

tin machine said:
you did good , I would have so done that great trade , congrats on a sweet old schwinn 8)
Thanks yeah I thought I did pretty good, I know alot of guys dont like the girls bikes but I figure the old bikes like this are getting harder to find so their all worth atleast trying to save. Yeah camels do but its the last bad habit Ive got.

Back