Tractorliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2334_zps8f197a2c.jpg

That looks killer! Seeing it with the tank in really puts it in perspective.

Threw on some of the other potential parts, and took it for a spin. The pedals scrape too much, but I think I can fix that without changing much. I've got weighted exercise bike pedals, so I'll cut the weights off, and try it again. Also, the fork does spring quite a bit with that much rake, but I think it's within an acceptable amount. Time will tell on the next test ride.
IMG_2377_zps695fd3a7.jpg

Always good to get a rider going so you can work out the kinks. Looking slick!
I forget who it was that made some inserts to dampen those springers. Might have been in the @thatismytruck vs @ifitsfreeitsforme build challenge. I can't remember if they dampened the spring or basically disabled it.

That is a work of art. Love the bike! Once this thing comes together it will be incredible I am sure.

Made a 7/8" to 1" spacer so I could use the Triumph bars that I originally intended to use on this, and put on my baseball glove finger grips. Also cut the weights off of the pedals. I only scraped once on my next test ride, so I might be able to leave my springer alone! We'll see with further tests, but there isn't a whole lot more to do. I'm not a hundred percent satisfied with the kickstand, I want to lay down a subtle chain guide on the frame where it just barely hits it, decide if I want to incorporate a headlight and/or taillight into the build, and then permanently mount the tank. Here's how she looks now:
IMG_2383_zpsacedee17.jpg

IMG_2384_zpsd76ac914.jpg

Ah! You beat me to the handle bars...
I have some on the way that look a lot like those...

Carl.

The awesomeness continues!!!

Looking Great ! I'm glad to see progress shots post vacation.
As you were messing with your kick stand, I thought that a Horse shoe might be a suitable touch in that area and I hope you don't mind the suggestion. (It won't happen again ;))

Back