Touring tire recommendations

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'm definitely in on the talc powder. I'll be installing my Marathon Winter's very soon; I'll have to throw a little on there.

And I owe it to myself to at least try out the Big Apples/Fat Franks (especially at a price like the one listed above). I've been trying to find an excuse to try them out for some time now anyways :bigsmile:.

Bicycle808 - either you're doing something different than I am, or you're just a helluva lot stronger than I am (the latter is certainly a possiblity :bigsmile:). Sun rims + most tires besides Schwalbe Delta Cruisers has been a recipe for pain for me, but the quality of performance I get out of them makes it worth it, plus I'm usually only changing the tires once a year anyways.

It may just be that, once you've bloodied your knuckles with some Conti Gran Prix rubber on a narrow old road rim, the little bit of struggles with some of these other brands seem pretty minor.

Back