Tour De Fat Tempe (who's Going!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
O.K. As we all Know, or will know now, Tour De Fat is Sat. Oct. 11th @ Tempe Town Lakes! So how many of us here, R.R.forums and grtr.Phx. metro area will be in attendance? Sound off Dudes! Lets have us a 2 wheelin, beer drinkin, rock & rollin, rat ridin PARTY!!!! I will be riding my ratty 49 DX, hows about youse guys? 8) Later & PEACE!!!!

This will be my second year. I know Slickrick,TempeTerror, and Greenblazer were all there last year. It will probably be in the mid 90s ,not bad for AZ.
The beer lines are long the first hour or so, but first you have to stand in the ID bracelet line which is long as well.My remedy for that is to get out of the parade right before the end point and go to Casey Moores Oyster House and have a couple of pints . By the time I peddle into the park the lines are down and really havent missed anything. :wink:
I think last year there was 1000 bikes in the parade and 3000 at the park, not nearly as big as the Ft. Collins event.

I will be there with roommates and a few other riding pals. hope to be riding my new creation, if it does not get finished i'll ride 20" black lowrider

Hey there Loco Joe, you can access the front side of the park heading north on either Mill St. or Ash. Nearest major cross street is University Ave.Tikiharl may have better directions as this is his stomping grounds. I usually head north on Ash from University Ave. and use a "pay" parking lot on the left hand side, this is real close to the park and just makes it easy for me. Do you partake in a fine cigar from time to time? If so LMK and I will be sure to bring one for you! Later & PEACE!!!! :wink:

Hey guys I'll be there with my usual crew in some sort of crazy get-up. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Feels like ages since i've seen Rick...

Wow what a great time! Tempe didn't disappoint. Got to meet Slick Rick and Alan G of the Phoenix Phreaks. While waiting in line for the parade to start I spotted TikiHarl just arriving. I about chased after you but decided I'd just catch you after the parade. Never could find you again. Found your bikes later though as I'm sure you're aware.

Will have photos and videos later after I recover and probably after we return home.

what a great time today !

most fun i ever had with bikes, even tried a beer called blue paddle, very good next year i'll try another flavor.

PHXKSTM said:
most fun i ever had with bikes,
I agree. This is what I said when we went to our first one last year. Heck with the rail-to-trail vacations. From now on it's beach cruising and TDFs :D
I started with their 2 below and wasn't fond of it. Donated the rest of my money in the name of Fat Tire.

Heck, I started and finished w/2 below, enjoyed a nice cigar w/Nugenhipsta. Lots of nice Schwinns to look at! Had a real good time with the ride, a guy in a Bat Man costume came zipping out of an alley and cut me off as he merged into the herd! I was heard to exclaim loudly "Holy smokin 12 volts Bat Man!" was good for a laugh w/fellow Phreaks.Overall good time!

Probably should have mentioned that the dude was on an E-bike :roll:

Back