Tour de Fat San Diego Saturday Sept 28th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year was cool, so im in this year. I believe L.A. was skipped this time so we should see a bigger crowd this year which should be even better.

Cool, I''ve met 3 members quite accidently before at the SD TDF, either recognizing bikes or an OG Rat Rat Bikes t-shirt. Met a few more on Chopaderos rides.

socal_jack said:
Cool, I''ve met 3 members quite accidently before at the SD TDF, either recognizing bikes or an OG Rat Rat Bikes t-shirt. Met a few more on Chopaderos rides.

Look for the "ratrod riders so-cal" bike club guys. theres a few of us on here.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=70264

this is us.

I'm IN! Hoping this one will be as good as Ft. Collins! Pretty sure it will be a lil better, just because it will be a whole different kind of groove! 8) I am planning on being in SD a week, me and the Mrs. will be celebrating 27 years of wedded bliss the Friday before! :wink: We plan on staying in the PB area, anyone know a good seafood restaurant in that area near the the OP? Later & PEACE!!!!!

I'll be there, along with my wife and son.
rydr1, I think I still owe you lunch from last year!

schwinnless said:
socal_jack said:

Look for the "ratrod riders so-cal" bike club guys. theres a few of us on here.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=70264

this is us.

I'll try to round up the old RRB T-shirt, maybe see you there

Slick Rick said:
I'm IN! Hoping this one will be as good as Ft. Collins! Pretty sure it will be a lil better, just because it will be a whole different kind of groove! 8) I am planning on being in SD a week, me and the Mrs. will be celebrating 27 years of wedded bliss the Friday before! :wink: We plan on staying in the PB area, anyone know a good seafood restaurant in that area near the the OP? Later & PEACE!!!!!

Congrats! Point Loma Seafood is usually pretty good, a market and restaurant right on the Harbor within a couple of miles. Brigantine is more upscale but not bad, a little further away the Fish Market all on Harbor near or on the harbor. Couple miles away.

Thanks SoCal Jack, I did an online search. I plan on going to Point Loma Seafoods, but chose the Fishery for anniv. dinner (better reviews) closer locale to hotel. :wink: Looking forward to this one! 8)

Slick Rick said:
Thanks SoCal Jack, I did an online search. I plan on going to Point Loma Seafoods, but chose the Fishery for anniv. dinner (better reviews) closer locale to hotel. :wink: Looking forward to this one! 8)

Sounds good. Point Loma is kind of a walk-up local fav, but the Fish Market over by the midway I think has the best on the water location ambience wise, they also have another higher level restaurant upstairs called Top of the Market, separate menu. A real good date place.

Last year we posted pics of the bikes we are taking so we can spot each other. It would be cool to do that again this year. I'll post one up tomorrow.

Nice to hear from you Blackwell. No worries on lunch. The family might tag along with me as well. See you there.

O.K. Here you go!

If all goes well, will ride in Tempe, making the third TDF in three states on this one! 8)

Looks like we might be rolling w/ the EBF crew.
Just finishing my bike so no pics to post of it.
See yall on sat(mabey).

Latest posts

Back