Tour de Fat Durham, NC June 23rd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is anyone going to this?

http://www.newbelgium.com/events/tour-d ... urham.aspx

from their page:
Saturday, June 23, 2012. 9:00am until 4:00pm.

REGISTRATION 9:00am
PARADE 10:00am - 11:00am
REVIVAL 11:00am - 4:00pm
BENEFITTING NC Active Transportation Alliance
Triangle Spokes & Durham Bike Co-op
SUSTAINABLE SUPPORT
PERFORMANCES BY Sister Sparrow And The Dirty Birds
Sean Hayes
Yo-Yo People
Sssnakenstein

2012 TDF NPO Descriptions & Volunteer Contacts: Durham, NC

North Carolina Active Transportation Alliance:
The North Carolina Active Transportation Alliance (NCATA) is a membership-based, statewide advocacy organization promoting non-motorized transportation choices for residents of and visitors to NC. Members include shop owners, cycling clubs, transportation professionals, and local advocacy organizations, elected officials and various individual advocates across the state interested in promoting people-powered transportation.

Mission:
“To inspire and support advocacy and educational efforts throughout North Carolina for an environment that fairly and equitably accommodates bicyclists, skaters, pedestrians, and others using human-powered active transportation."

Volunteers interested in helping Check IDs, Selling Beer Tokens, Pouring/​Serving Beer, please email [email protected]

Triangle Spokes: The Triangle Spokes Group raises money to deliver new bicycles to need-worthy children throughout the Triangle area. This year’s goal is to buy 500 bikes for the 2012 Christmas season. To date, 1554 bicycles have been given to Children in the Triangle.
Volunteers interested in helping with the Bicycle Parade, please email [email protected]

Durham Co-op: An all-volunteer non-profit community bicycle project. Programming includes hands on repair skill share (helping you fix your bike), an earn-a-bike program (helping you get a bike), and mobile clinics.

Mission:
“We believe bicycles have the power to make our local communities a better place through sound environmental practices, a commitment to sustainable economic and social equality, involvement and outreach with our local community, and promoting cycling as a healthy fitness and wellness activity.”
Volunteers interested in helping with Merchandise, please email [email protected]

aka_locojoe said:
Wish I was. Fun times! I encourage every one to go.
Is this the 2nd year there?

I know it was there last year, don't know beyond that, I didn't go before. My wife needs some help Saturday doing some stuff, but I'm going to see what I can do. I really want to take the tall bike.

Dang it. Just realized I've planned myself out of this one. CRAP! Friday trip with youth morning to afternoon. Friday night getting ready for brunswick stew sale with youth peeling potatoes and such. 4:30am Saturday morning, time to make the stew and sell through noon.

I will NEVER get to be a part of the custom bicycle & cycle culture scene. :x

I'm going since I live in Durham! :D That is if nothing else goes bump. This has been a rough week with my Mom in the hospital, hopefully she goes home in a few days :)

Yoothgeye,
My wife and I went. and we took around 120 or so pictures. It was a blast again this year. I have started posting the pictures on my blog if you or anyone else cares to look the first post about it is here http://motopsyco.com/2012/06/26/new-belguims-tour-de-fat-in-durham-n-c/
Throughout the rest of the week I'll be adding more posts in various categories from the event.

Hey I resemble that guy at :29 seconds in the video :D This was my first Tour de Fat, hopefully not my last. Here are a few pics.
20120623092114.jpg

20120623112628.jpg

20120623092202.jpg

20120623092155.jpg

These were bikes that travel with the event.

Back