Tour de Fat 2011

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see San Diego on the list again wasn't sure after a somewhat weak turnout last year. A lot going on that time of year around here.

L.A. was kind of a small turnout, too, but it was their first one. It was a total blast, though. Can't wait for this year. I might hit up S.D. and L.A. this time, since I'm in the middle of both.

I live in San Diego, but I'd like to hit both events and get extra Fat.

October 8th is Tour de Fat in LA.
October 9th is CicLAvia in LA.
It's going to be a freakin awesome weekend for LA bikers.

Anybody going to Austin ??? earlier the date was Oct 22nd, now theyve updated the info saying "Saturday October 21st" ... the 21st is Friday though :lol: I'm 90% sure its still on the 22nd but not knowing stuff like that for sure drives me nuts for some reason :roll: :lol:

The Durham Tour De Fat was a blast with about 500 bikes participating in the actual parade.
Here are a few pics.
From the starting line I loved the costumes of the couple in the first picture!
slview1.jpg

slview2.jpg

From the next to last hill where my better half and I stopped to rest. (For some reason the folks on 21 speeds shift to low gear and slow down when they start up a hill! Haven't they ever heard of momentum?)
uphill1.jpg

uphill2.jpg

uphill3.jpg

Oh yeah the rest of the freak show afterwards was a lot of fun too. :wink:

This is my giant. There was a couple of rats there even some guys sporting the ratrodbikes swag.

6a256e4d.png

And this one goes without saying

f0bd9724.png

cacecd16.png

Back