tool box show&tell

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yeah, i'm a big fan/voyeur of tool boxes.
we all have in common here bicycles. next we need tools to work on them. than we need a place to store those tools.
so show yer tool boxes. big, little,pricey,cheap, old,new, hand-me-down. whatcha got?
i'll start. this is my main box. had it for about 10 years now. craftsman bottom, snap on top.
IMG_5189_zpsae4d30b7.jpg

i've got a bunch more to show and i will soon. what y'all got?

well I'll play along since seems nobody else has yet. C'mon yall, post some pics of yer boxes! :D

This is my home box. 20 or so year old basic Cman top and bottom. Drawers are orginized but full. It's a small box I have out grown a few years ago, just have not gotten a bigger box for home yet.
988637_139546536248331_2104938188_n.jpg

This is my current setup at work. Snappy bottom with a Cman top. The cabinet is a very old (70s or older probably) no name that is very heavy that someone added the shelving unit to the top. I re finished the whole thing about 6-8 months ago, welded a few spots for strength and built the small media shelf and added a power strip. Both speakers now are mounted on top with home theater satellite brackets that angle and swivel. kinda looks like rabbit ears. Lol and yes thats a mini fridge in the top also.
1004433_136765036526481_450161794_n.jpg

And this is my new to me Macsimizer for work. I haven't rolled to my bay yet becaue I need to build a hutch for it. I'm doing similar to the cabinet above because I like how the stereo and fridge are set up. I will also be making the work surface on the top of the box out of gloss white hardboard wall panel from lowes. That stuff can used as white board/ dry erase board. So the whole work top with that will come in handy.
1011379_136980466504938_301298009_n.jpg

nice rig offroad.
seriously? no one else?
I've been on a tear of vintage boxes for awhile now.
this bottom box is maybe 40s or 50s. i'll strip and fix it up when I get some free time :roll:
the top chest is a '76 proto. I may sell it. I got my eye on an old kennedy chest. :wink:
IMG_5223_zps4e9ca141.jpg

heres another I picked up a couple months ago. its a 1964 metal box & cabinet corp.
a little research turns out this company used to make snap on boxes.
a pal of mine asked to buy it and I gave him a fair price. I kinda wished id keep it....well,he aint paid or picked it up, so maybe I will.
IMG_5221_zps58678c7a.jpg

this may be my favorite. its a brand new gerstner. I only put in my nice clean tools. the stuff I don't use that often.
I was gonna use it for more stuff, but when I got it it was just to nice to put "dirty" stuff in it!
that's funny. a tool box that's to nice for tools :lol:
IMG_5244_zpsda810fd3.jpg

Love the Gertsner, make nice JEWELERY boxes! I threw an old one away once as a dumb kid...
beatcad said:
heres another I picked up a couple months ago. its a 1964 metal box & cabinet corp.
a little research turns out this company used to make snap on boxes.
a pal of mine asked to buy it and I gave him a fair price. I kinda wished id keep it....well,he aint paid or picked it up, so maybe I will.
IMG_5221_zps58678c7a.jpg

this may be my favorite. its a brand new gerstner. I only put in my nice clean tools. the stuff I don't use that often.
I was gonna use it for more stuff, but when I got it it was just to nice to put "dirty" stuff in it!
that's funny. a tool box that's to nice for tools :lol:
IMG_5224_zps1f5002ad.jpg

thnx guys that gerstner is my fave. I had to put a non blurry pic up of it to show how nice it really is.
and mikeee. threw one away :shock: please don't go onto ebay and search gerstner chest :wink: it'll only make ya cry :cry:
heres my other 2 smaller gerstner chests. the wood one I aint sure how old. could be anywhere from the 30s to the 50s
the leatherette one is 50s or early 60s. could be earlier, I dunno. I could get them dated but it costs 50 clams each :shock: i'll probably do that one day. right now theyre empty and just on display. I was thining about using one for just bicycle tools. we'll see.
IMG_5245_zps5563e4c0.jpg

Latest posts

Back