Took out my rat today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to take out my rat today.It did draw a lot of looks on the bike path.I'm not sure they were all good but they were looks.lol One guy wanted to buy my light.lol
ratrod6.jpg

ratrod2.jpg

Dude!!! You gotta post more pics!!!!!
Do you have a build thread on that wicked bike? There is a lot of super cool stuff going on there!!!!!!

When I got the bike someone else made the springer out of an old car spring.The steering stem is reversed and has rams horn bars They come up nicely to riding position.The headlight is and old generator type with a rear light that still works well.The "animal" on top of the light is an old bottle opener from a thrift store.The tank is plywood.Might replace it with the same material used on the chainguard.The exhaust pipes are PVC,countersunk and spray painted with "chrome" paint.The chain guard is a black plastic type material I found.I drew some flames,cut it out and highlighted them with a little yellow paint.On the back is a "safety award " from the 50's .And lastly a RAT ROD BIKES decal on the frame. Very little invested but a lot of fun making.lol

I love how the bars are an upside down version of this BO6 bike.

018-2.jpg

Kingfish,I really like when bikes have odd looking bars.Mine looks awkward and uncomfortable but actually come up high enough to ride in a comfortable position. After looking at a picture of my bike I think I have to square off the top of the steering tube where it is pointy.

vincev said:
Kingfish,I really like when bikes have odd looking bars.Mine looks awkward and uncomfortable but actually come up high enough to ride in a comfortable position. After looking at a picture of my bike I think I have to square off the top of the steering tube where it is pointy.

I like unusual bars too. Check out Scooby Snack from BO6.
I don't see any pointy part?
I just realized that your bike is a twin tube Snayder built frame. Very cool. I just picked up one of those from jpromo.

kingfish254 said:
I love how the bars are an upside down version of this BO6 bike.

018-2.jpg

Or maybe . . . right side up? :roll:

Back