tire question...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the largest tires F&R I can fit on a 67 Typhoon? I believe it's an S7 rim. With and without the fenders ... tho I think I'm gonna keep the them or cut a set of donor heavyweight fenders to fit.

I'm considering using a 24x? on the rear (I'm pretty sure a 24x3 won't fit) and a fattest 26" possible on the front.

tia

Unfortunately you're stuck with 26x1and 3/4" or 24x1 and 3/4" The S-7 wheels are an odd size and regular tires will not fit them.

necessaryevil said:
Unfortunately you're stuck with 26x1and 3/4" or 24x1 and 3/4" The S-7 wheels are an odd size and regular tires will not fit them.
Doh!
What size wheels do people normally switch to?

If you want to keep it schwinn then S-2s, they can get pricey though. If you want to keep it cheap you could just buy a new set from a shop. I think bikeworldusa.com has a 26inch set for like $50.

thanks man! I'm still new with all this heavy and middleweight standard 26" vs Schwinn tire sizing. lol. ...this is slowly pushing me to do a 24/26 or a fat 26 combo on my 63 Raleigh rat tho. 8)

Not as much for the Typhoon ...but it does give me some ideas for another bike. 8)

Its tight but I was able to fit the schwinn wheels with 2x2.125 tires from my wife's '48 Goodrich on my 67 Typhoon with no rubbing on the middleweight fenders so thats the direction I'm going.

Back