Tire pressure....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
basicly it means this

they over inflated your tires. :)

Usually max load is given at max pressure. Most tires will become distorted, some will even pop at less than twice recommended max. Hope your tires aren't ruined. Maybe check again for any other pressure marking. Some do give hi and lo, some only give max, and some just say inflate to xx lbs or xx atm or bar(atmospheres, i.e., 2atm means double atmospheric pressure). Or, more recently, at least as far as bike tire are concerned, kiloPascal

http://www.asknumbers.com/PressureConversion.aspx

my guess is your gauge is wrong. i cant imagine it not failing at that much pressure. what kind of tire is it?

Old timey "flotation" tires run 22-35 pressure range. They're awsome easy on soft or loose surfaces, but they are truly a drag on smooth pavement. Thickwall moped tires often run low pressure also, but they weigh a ton, as well! Could this be what you have? I would expect most decent modern BICYCLE tires in that size to claim 45 lbs, or a range of 30-65 lbs, adjust to suit terrain and rider.
I thought about mentioning your gauge, the little hand held blow out kind are usually close, or they don't work at all. Dial gauges can be more precise, but can also be way off.

If you have Schader-type valves, they have some digital air gauges that work pretty well for not too much.

I would assume the psi given on the tire was maximum psi.

I think you converted kg to lbs wrong...2.2046 lbs/kg.

Latest posts

Back