Tire and finishing opinions.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think those tires on mock up are too skinny. Fatter ones with white lettering?.....:grin:
IFF you can find them---the Troy Lee Design black with red pin stripe and green logo ?

So I decided to try these. Vee makes these specially for this one bike shop. Unfortunately I will have to wait till next week for the other one but I'm digging on it.
6180e7f8c4a306bc914494c05ee60613.jpg
3d3ad37a59b5110b3e8e279cdbd9ec86.jpg
9ba237ce9ef3bdf73968822c8f156821.jpg

Really quickly coming to the realization that no tire will give me the look I want on these worksman wheels. The tick rolled lip inside these wheels just sucks up tire width. New wheelset seems to be in order. Any suggestions?

I like the black tires. And for that bike, I think the fatter thr better. (never heard of hookworms)... My 2 pennies only... Just curious. Are you planning on fenders?

I don't really dig the hookworms but these Vee tires are the same size as the hookworms. Yes possibly short fenders and a chainguard later. I threw some pieces on today just so I could see how she rides. Rides fantastic.
d728c51cc5c3ab67fa34330618c6b44b.jpg

Is the new tire on backwards? Just looking at tread and arrow on side... Great looking bike. The standard tire on the front seems to fit the Worksman wheel ok.

Yeah it was on backwards. I installed it before I put the hub together. The folding bead tire seems to fit well but the wire bead just won't stretch to the edges. I'm ok with it though. Should get my front tire next week.

Hey Luke. How you been man? I'm not really sure but I'm kinda sold on the Nola tires just because they say Nola and they are exclusive to one shop. If anything after I'm done, I'll just change out the wheels. I think the tires are great even on the worksman wheels.

Hey Luke. How you been man? I'm not really sure but I'm kinda sold on the Nola tires just because they say Nola and they are exclusive to one shop. If anything after I'm done, I'll just change out the wheels. I think the tires are great even on the worksman wheels.
Been good! Keep this bike going Al, loving it!

Luke.

I agree that a colored tire would look off since you got all the other colors. But what about a whitewall i think a nice whitewall will give it a nice pop between the rim color and black tire. bontrager solana are one of my favorites they used to make a 26x2.35 you might find a trek shop with stock but they still make them in 2.125 they ride really nice and are a solid tire. Or even a felt quickbrick whitewall.

Thanks man. I need to find a good looking seat that won't break the bank next and maybe a layback seat post. Haven't decided if I like those bars or not yet either but the bike is definitely enjoyable to ride and look at so far.

Ok guys. I'm waiting on my seat to come in but this is gonna be about complete for a little while. I will probably change up parts here and there but I'm digging it. Not done but it's not weighing on me anymore. Hope y'all dig it.
fa11b639bd2a20de40de3637ab1c7fa3.jpg
7f2ce4c2c2d37d8787737fa5c1e990ac.jpg
dc4ab31cc1c2c0f4e7b1cc2157173139.jpg

What do you have going on with the stem? Bike looks very good.... the "tank" and paintjob are particularly nice.

What do you have going on with the stem? Bike looks very good.... the "tank" and paintjob are particularly nice.
It is a very cheap stem that doesn't fit the bars correctly but it holds the bars for now. It serves the purpose so far. I will probably change up quite a few things eventually but for now I can take a break on it. It's rideable and looks pretty good. Layback seat post and a head badge will be next.

Latest posts

Back