tiny hiawatha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I picked up this bike tonight from the same lady that I bought the lil' chik. this is the bike that she and her brothers learned to ride. I think its a murray? rims are marked m o mfg. co. has a troxel seat. almost reminds me of a tricycle. my questions are..
1. it looks like it has a 2 piece crankset. how can I remove safely to clean bearings?
2. do these bikes have any value?
3. anyone know approx. years of mfg?
thanx for any input!
allen

sorry for the lousy pics!

Murray of Ohio. Probably early 60's. Nice, some kid will be lucky to ride that classic. I've never taken apart a set of cranks like that, so I wouldn't know where to start.

heya bikedudeomaha
that bike looks awesome!!
i saw that listed on the local cl.
i just never thought of buying it.
looks like you did a good job on fixing it up.
Sean.

as far as the crank goes i am not sure but i think if you remove the lil cover on the right side there should be a bolt inside there if it is like a 3 peice crank.
that's one i never seen before but if you get a chance to come to Fremont you can bring it here and we can try to figure it out.
between us i am sure we will get it
Sean

I'm pretty sure after you remove the left arm, the rest is the same as a one piece crank. Can't say from looking at the pic if the arm is pinned with some type of fastener or just pressed on.

thanks sean. I just left it alone. may get to Fremont soon. if not, I will bring it to the Lincoln bike swap. hope to c-ya there.
sounds like a good idea Allen
i am not sure if i can make the Lincoln swap but i am gonna try.
i think there is a swap meet in Fremont as well coming up at Christensen field
i will definitely be at that one for sure.
if i go to Lincoln i will look for the bike definitely
Sean

I believe I have an identical little bike like this, the tank and design look identical from what I remember but I was thinking mine was badged as a Firestone. I'm going to have to go look tonight!

I believe I have an identical little bike like this, the tank and design look identical from what I remember but I was thinking mine was badged as a Firestone. I'm going to have to go look tonight!
Lincoln swap is june 7th. check the events thread for more info.

yup June 7 at 501 west a bar and grill
i think the dudes name is Scott.
he treats you good as a vendor and as a attendee.
i was there 2 years ago and got some cool stuff.
i think vending space is 20 bucks for a parking space sized area im not sure if their gonna have double spaces but they did when i was there.
that's where i found my Harley chopper bicycle for 30 bucks. from a guy named Jim aka wheel king
i still got the fat tire ale bottle opener and the mini patch kit he gave me when i was there.
sadly this year i do not think i will make it i have a personal event going on.
i can get more info as well if y'all need it
Sean

Back