Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog (NAME CHANGE PENDING "Time Twister!)

Oh, and I leave for church camp, yes again, tomorrow...This time for a week with high schoolers. Pray for the campers (and for me)! And I will be back into the thick of festooning the bike with all sorts of thing a ma jigs and doodads in about a week. See you all then! :)

Not as cool as the Steamed Rat photo, and it actually took longer to find a pic to fit your new name.

2560439341_b0d1d8b245.jpg

So many cool things on this bike. Thanks for the plate holder idea...so simple....great thinking!

I just got back from Church Camp! It was awesome but I am ready to get back at this!
Oh, I took my "tail light" to camp with me and all the campers (high schoolers)thought it was, and I quote, "The coolest thing EVERRRR".
I'm so blessed to be able to do what I do but I am going to LOVE this two weeks of "normalcy".

Re: "Time Twister" (Formerly "The Groundhog")

I finally got my taillight mounted!

tail20light2001.jpg

I'm such a doofus though that I messed up the wiring in the process and had to break out the soldering iron and stuff and fix everything I broke in the process though. But in the end...I got it going!

Dig the time machine tail light!!!!
That really turned out sharp!!!!

the clock is awesome! It would drive ole Cap'n HOOK crAzY though!! :D

The latest in festoonment...

This was a black, cast iron, plant hanger that I took a hacksaw to and then spray-painted a brassish color.

Festoonment2001.jpg

Love the light bracket.
What's the green doodaddy in the center?

Festoonment2002.jpg

I'm having such an awesome time with this bike.(even the frustrating parts)
I still have a couple of things up my sleeve that I want to get done but I'll have to see how much I can accomplish in the next few days...and I can't believe the time is almost up! It's been so cool watching everyone's bikes progress!

kingfish254 said:
Love the light bracket.
What's the green doodaddy in the center?

It's just a thingamajig really...It's just a green glass disk. It was part of the plant hanger when I bought it.

Think about this, get a speedometer cable and attach it to the arm(s) of a small clock and as you drive instead of speed just have it direct drive and the hands spin around and around.

IMG-20120724-03025.jpg

the "Steam Powered Lateral Chronometrical Displacer" or "StePoLChroDis" for short.

yoothgeye said:
Think about this, get a speedometer cable and attach it to the arm(s) of a small clock and as you drive instead of speed just have it direct drive and the hands spin around and around.

Ohmigosh!!! That would be AWESOME!!! I wish you had thought of that earlier on! LOL!

Joker-n-Jack said:
Ohmigosh!!! That would be AWESOME!!! I wish you had thought of that earlier on! LOL!

I did, but I was giving you a chance to try and figure it out on your own... I gave up. :lol:

yoothgeye said:
Joker-n-Jack said:

I did, but I was giving you a chance to try and figure it out on your own... I gave up. :lol:

I do appreciate the vote of confidence...but now you know better. LOL!!!

Back