Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog

The newest addition to "The Workshop" A.K.A. "The front yard"

Priming the frame...
IMG-20120521-02108.jpg

Yes, I just figured out that the grass doesn't work so well...have to find a way to use the sidewalk without priming it. LOL!

For spray painting a frame where you can't hang it, try this trick, drive a pole into the yard, something kind of sturdy, but a small enough diameter that you can insert it into the head tube (where your fork goes) of your frame. The weight of the bike will pull the back end down causing the pole to bind in the head tube and hold the frame up in the air.

IMG_4326.jpg

gt2.jpg

gt1.jpg

yoothgeye said:
For spray painting a frame where you can't hang it, try this trick, drive a pole into the yard, something kind of sturdy, but a small enough diameter that you can insert it into the head tube (where your fork goes) of your frame. The weight of the bike will pull the back end down causing the pole to bind in the head tube and hold the frame up in the air.

Awesome idea! Thanks again!

Yeah what i was saying was to trade my springer for your fork. ive had it on my simular schwinn and it fits. if you are interested send me a pm and we'll see if we can work somethin out.

Joker-n-Jack said:
yoothgeye said:

Awesome idea! Thanks again!

Just be careful, I have seen these slide down at times and ruin a paint job. make a safety stop by wrapping some decent thickness of wadded duct tape or something about a foot lower than where you want to paint it at.

kingfish254 said:
Just be careful, I have seen these slide down at times and ruin a paint job. make a safety stop by wrapping some decent thickness of wadded duct tape or something about a foot lower than where you want to paint it at.

Good addition! You can see in the first photo where my friend Cody is priming the frame there is some blue painters tape on the steel rod, this helped the frame grip the rode better. The other photos the frame is actually on an old bent weight bar I found in the trash, it has a lip on it that helped keep the frames from falling down.

Here's another suggestion... use a flash! haha, I wanna see the frame better. :lol:

Glow in the dark spray paint... hmmm...

yoothgeye said:
Here's another suggestion... use a flash! haha, I wanna see the frame better. :lol:

Glow in the dark spray paint... hmmm...

DUUUDE!!! That was WITH the flash! That paint is like a black hole! It drains light from around it!
I'm kinda afraid that this bike might take on a life of it's own when it's finished...and that it will be E-VIL!

Joker-n-Jack said:
DUUUDE!!! That was WITH the flash! That paint is like a black hole! It drains light from around it!
I'm kinda afraid that this bike might take on a life of it's own when it's finished...and that it will be E-VIL!

Like climbing over the pews in the sanctuary evil or like having your cell phone go off during service evil?

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! I'm talking...like...popping your gum DURING the sermon...that kind of evil.

Latest posts

Back