Thrift Store Sears

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what year? $20 at local thrift...

sears1.jpg

sears2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

probly a late 70's early 80's, its just a guess but i think those frames started in the 70's, is there a "lug" on the top tube where it meets the seat tube ??

CCR said:
probly a late 70's early 80's, its just a guess but i think those frames started in the 70's, is there a "lug" on the top tube where it meets the seat tube ??

I'm at the office right now but if I remember correctly, yes, there is a lug. Thanks! Side note: I'm looking for 26" x 1.75" or 2" White Wall Street Tread tires and not having a lot of luck. Any ideas? TIA!

invizibletouch said:
CCR said:

I'm at the office right now but if I remember correctly, yes, there is a lug. Thanks! Side note: I'm looking for 26" x 1.75" or 2" White Wall Street Tread tires and not having a lot of luck. Any ideas? TIA!

I just saw some at wally world today for 7 bucks.

Buck Masterson said:
invizibletouch said:
CCR said:

I just saw some at wally world today for 7 bucks.

Wow...all they have here are the 2.5" and they won't fit under the fenders.

kingplinker said:
cool bike! Hey hope ya don;t mind me asking, but what type of scooter is that in the background? I love old scooters/motorcycles. _T.

1979 Yamaha QT50 - Garage sale from original owners.........$30! Took it home, changed oil, filled with gas, fired on the first kick. I ride the heck out of it on the weekends around the neighborhood. :mrgreen:

Other is my new project: 1967 Honda 305 Dream.

Edit:
Oops, got the pics mixed up. Bike the pic above is the 67 Honda. I shot a couple for the "Winter Hobbies" thread that had the Yamaha in it. Anyway here's the scoot:

qt50-1.jpg

qt50-2.jpg

Yamaha QT... dang. We ALL wanted one of those back in the day... it was like 7th or 8th grade, early 80s. Then Honda came out with the Aero 50 and Aero 80 and wasn't there an Elite 80 and/or 125? hmmm... buddy of mine got an Aero 80, loved that thing...

--rick

cashman said:
Nice skoots!!! The 305 Dream brings back some great memories. You live south of Satsuma? Thanks!!!

Spring Hill area on Old Shell between McGregor & University! We should get together sometime!

Thanks all for the comments!

ParkRNDL said:
Yamaha QT... dang. We ALL wanted one of those back in the day... it was like 7th or 8th grade, early 80s. Then Honda came out with the Aero 50 and Aero 80 and wasn't there an Elite 80 and/or 125? hmmm... buddy of mine got an Aero 80, loved that thing...

--rick

Exactly! I remember all the girls in the neighborhood had 50's & 80's and all us guys would borrow them for "just a spin around the block"...many came back missing turn-signals, bent rims, etc hours later! LOL! :mrgreen:

Hey Invisibletouch, The first full size motor I ever rode was about a 64 model 305 Dream. The people I work for have a branch warehouse (auto parts) there on Government Blvd and one in P'Cola and I've worked at both places before. I get down there every once in a while so a meet and greet sometime would be great. Thanks!!!

invizibletouch said:
ParkRNDL said:

--rick

Exactly! I remember all the girls in the neighborhood had 50's & 80's and all us guys would borrow them for "just a spin around the block"...many came back missing turn-signals, bent rims, etc hours later! LOL! :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHAHA... a friend of my brother had an Aero 50. i was screwing around on it and yanked up the bars to get it to do a little wheelie. Ended up standing in the street with the bike standing on its rear wheel in front of me. Ripped something plastic right off the back, might have been a turn signal, but I think it was the license plate bracket. I helped him make some little metal gizmo to bolt it back on, but I still felt really bad...

--rick

Back