three speed three wheeler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know this is a custom bike...but the guy told me it was made by schwinn
conversion trike axle?

I hope i got a good deal on it, because i prettymuch have been searching for another trike for long time

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

Definatly a shimano, Has the same layout it would as a normal bike...he removed a rusty washer...i think it may have been important..

Anybody know about this stuff?

ok, so i took some better pictures of whats going on...

So it is a shimano hub driving one wheel. Im probably going to have to switch out the hub, since the one i have is TERRIBLE and its slipping. The pin going into it is bent so im pretty sure that could be one of the things causing it to slip even a little bit.

I'm just worried i didnt get my trades/moneys worth

As ive noticed, the axle that should have the shifter ankle thing on it spins, which doesnt seem right. Shouldnt it be stationary? But wouldnt that not let the wheels turn?

i dont know how to remove these hubs either...
IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

Same hub...three holes

I totally want to ride this thing...thats all i want to do...i dont care about it not shifting or anything...i just wanna ride it

and heres the other hub but in the center...
IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

and heres the axle of the hub....
IMG_3998.jpg

looks like the white part of he hub is threaded to the axle. if you can get the hub out the axle maybe part of the rim till you pull it out. my trike had a similiar issue. the wheels came off but i had to disconnect the hub to pull the axles.

Back