This mornings finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I brought home today+--->
DSC02369.jpg

A girls Motobecane street bike in good ridable shape, just rusty, I plan to to strip it for parts $10.00

And a very very crappy one owner Schwinn...I have never seen s-7's so badly beat up....the bike is held together with duct tape and zip ties, chrome spray painted silver and the frame has been painted so many times that i can not read the serial number. I really bought it for the front rack and it's broken
:x
DSC02370.jpg

+Haulin the Schwinn+

How is the front rack broken? Weld it and use it on a rat!

Hooch.. yep you spotted the PB blaster, this was the first time I used the stuff....and I will say it works great (and no, I am not a paid spokesperson) but the smell is foul.
Dumpster.. the front rack can be re-welded...I just got to get a buddy to do it for me 'cause I don't have a welder :(
I was able to wedge that schwinn into the trike basket and ride it around standing up like that...in the begining i was afraid it would fall and clobber me in the head but it held.

I am no expert welder but I have one! LOL
If you cant find anyone locally or you plan to sell the rack, LMK
Does it have a D seatpost clamp?

Here's an update on the most recent bike I've put together. I have set this bike up to be my commuter ride...I ride this to the office two or three days a week,it's smooth,fast and alot of fun. It also helps that my office is less than 5 miles away. The bars are from the Motobecane and the fenders are from the Schwinn I found last weekend(previous pics). The old guy I bought the schwinn from had done some funky things to the bike and one of the things was to bondo and paint the fenders...he bondoed over the rivets by mounding the bondo around them and only some of the dings were filled before painting. I've wet sanded the fenders to expose the bondo and flaws then applied two coats of Johnsons paste wax....they're as slick as butter. :mrgreen:
DSC02373.jpg

DSC02375.jpg
:mrgreen:

orbittron said:
Here's an update on the most recent bike I've put together. I have set this bike up to be my commuter ride...I ride this to the office two or three days a week,it's smooth,fast and alot of fun. It also helps that my office is less than 5 miles away. The bars are from the Motobecane and the fenders are from the Schwinn I found last weekend(previous pics). The old guy I bought the schwinn from had done some funky things to the bike and one of the things was to bondo and paint the fenders...he bondoed over the rivets by mounding the bondo around them and only some of the dings were filled before painting. I've wet sanded the fenders to expose the bondo and flaws then applied two coats of Johnsons paste wax....they're as slick as butter. :mrgreen:
DSC02373.jpg

DSC02375.jpg
:mrgreen:
yes I agree..I am in love with those drop center rims! I'm going for almost the same look for my current project. Mine is going to be semi gloss black frame, forks, and fenders. With a B6 Schwinn horn tank that will also be semi gloss black with full gloss white for the wings, and darker green striping, and rims....

Back