THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DONK-28LAWLESS.jpg

donk2.jpg

30inDonk.jpg

looks like my neighborhood.

Well If you think about it you can compare Donks to trucks with 33inch lifts and boggers on them.. Two extremes with one common goal.. To be different. Kinda like you and I.

FaceOFFbikes said:
Well If you think about it you can compare Donks to trucks with 33inch lifts and boggers on them.. Two extremes with one common goal.. To be different. Kinda like you and I.

You can take a lifted truck off road and have fun. I don't think the goal of having a lifted truck is to look like you couldn't buy a clue at a garage sale.

voodoo curse said:
FaceOFFbikes said:

You can take a lifted truck off road and have fun. I don't think the goal of having a lifted truck is to look like you couldn't buy a clue at a garage sale.
Did you ever stop and think that you may be offending some of the members here?

Did you ever stop and think that you may be offending some of the members here?

I say if you drive a car that looks like this, you're pretty much offending anyone who sees it.

I call that a square deal.

Why? Because you can!

I actually kinda like the first and third example just because they are so amazingly over the top. So long as it has wheels, and is fairly well executed, I am in! The middle example just makes me sad.

I'll admit that I don't understand the phenomenon, but I'd be willing to bet there are an equal number who don't understand my rusty, crappy bikes.

Thanks, I never knew the proper term was Donk. But then, central Wisconsin is not exactly overflowing with Dirty South culture.

i recall seeing one of those before there was even a term for those things(about 15 years ago) while driving through orland.....
someone had a 92 lincoln continental on a pick up chassis(raised about 1')..........was confused as heck as i still am now
whatever tosses your salad i guess......
donk bikes huh? ive got some 28" wheels i could run on a 16" bike :lol:

It's like a lowrider but... the opposite.
I'm gonna go huff some primer and then take another look. Maybe then it might appeal to me :|

bigblockthing said:
..and hmmm...donk bike buildoff anyone?

Oh heck yeah. Where do I sign?
The wheels in my head are turning.

The big, shiny, oversized wheels.

Its whatever floats your boat. The guys building them cars are looking at the people hating and laughing on them because they can afford to blow $40,000 on fixing up a bucket. To them big jacked up trucks or lowriders may be retarded. The way i see it is they are keeping a lot of classics from being scrapped and shops are making lots of money.Its like sporting a mohawk or something. It is a statement, Its like driving a billboard..I agree i would have liked to see other things done with some of the cars but at least they are still rolling.

Definitely not my taste at all, but at least the money is going into a car and NOT drugs. Speaking of rolling billboard, I was watching a SEMA show one time and they had these wheels with led lights in them. It's all connected to a computer, you type in a word and it displays it in face of the wheels. Talk about wild.

That first one looks like an Olds 442.

To each his own. I'm entertained when I see one of those, just as I am when I see a monster truck go down the road, not just a lifted truck, ones with 6 foot tires. My favorite is the lowriders bouncing along with hydraulics. Makes my day. How about the same kind of thing on 2 wheels?
301oi8n.jpg

It's offensive when someone take a classic car like that Olds, and uglifies it. Old Muscle Cars almost always look stupid with modern bling-bling wheels, never mind if they are that ridiculously huge.

It started because rappers were getting bagged on for appropriating the Latino lowrider culture, so they went 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

Back