This can't be good..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picture taken at the http://www.speedcult.com/ compound. Looks fast and is probably cheap. Definitely not safe!
Thiscantbegood.jpg

i cant figure it out from lookin ... :| missle ? rocket ? bazooka ? flame thrower ? bike bomb ? death wish ? :mrgreen:

im thinking it gets ignighted ,there is a line running to the back of that pipe to spark it?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I see emergency room written all over that bike... :wink:

Considering Len knows a thing or two about jet cars maybe this is well engineered? It looks bizarre to me, I think it just is a flame thrower with an expansion chamber, I would be worried that once it runs low on fuel it could backflow and possibly become a bomb, it doesn't look especially friendly to the family jewels. The more I look at it the more I think it is powered by compressed air(air cannon), it has a valve connected to the tank on top, he built some little cars powered by compressed air. I think the propane tank is connected to the small tube on the back to make flames, that's my guess.

ambman said:
Considering Len knows a thing or two about jet cars maybe this is well engineered? It looks bizarre to me, I think it just is a flame thrower with an expansion chamber, I would be worried that once it runs low on fuel it could backflow and possibly become a bomb, it doesn't look especially friendly to the family jewels. The more I look at it the more I think it is powered by compressed air(air cannon), it has a valve connected to the tank on top, he built some little cars powered by compressed air. I think the propane tank is connected to the small tube on the back to make flames, that's my guess.

You are probably right. He had/has a compressed air dragster. Still, that could be a scary ride!

There's video on Youtube of guys running ramjet engines on bike, look similar. Very Loud! Some very cool mini-turbine bike video on there also.

I believe the propulsion system is called a pulse jet or pulse rocket. I read about them in one of my Engineering classes. And saw one built in an episode of Junk Yard Wars. They work quite well and have no moving parts. they are not as dangerous as you would think either.

yep, pulse jet:
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

and having looked at that I wonder if the bike pictured is one. might just be a flame thrower.

CCR said:
i cant figure it out from lookin ... :| missle ? rocket ? bazooka ? flame thrower ? bike bomb ? death wish ? :mrgreen:

All of the above and then some. :shock:

Not sure, but I too think it is aircompressed. Seems like one of the guys we're talking about this bike at Autorama.
Gigs and I are suppose to hook up with them soon, I'll try to find out something. If not, Billet proof is coming up soon!
Sorry Zach, no FBN stickers that I know of. Guess I'll have to work on it! :wink:

Back