This a SCWHINN spitfire?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for any help u guys can give. This is for sale near me and want to know what model it is and any other u can give me on it.. Original paint?

Looks like a 50's model. Hard to say about the paint with just the photos, but my guess would be original paint only because of the graphics where the white and blue intersect. If someone did repaint it, they spent some time laying out the stripes in the original design. The saddle is obviously wrong, and someone added the reflectors. The rear wheel is twice as rusty as the front which makes me suspect that at least one of them may not be original (probably the rear). Hope that helps.

Looks like an old Hornet frame. Chain guard is off a newer Schwinn. No pinstripes on the fenders and matching paint guard makes me think repaint. The graphics on the frame don't look disturbed so maybe frame paint original?? This one is a puzzle. Gary

The chain guard doesn't look Schwinn, but it fits. I think they found some blue paint that matched up with the frame and made it work. Even if it isn't all original, there's plenty there that is and will make a great bike. A nice straight bar Schwinn! Go for it!

Back