Thick Brick Tire size?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you guys can help?
I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the width measurement of a thick brick tire is Inflated on a 80mm rim?
I put my Fatty-O on and the chain rubs the tire, It balloons out wider then I expected.The chain doesn't hit by much so if the tire is narrower that might work.
I'm also looking at a offset rear sprocket but I think it would push the chain out to far and hit the frame.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I don't have my Thick Bricks mounted anymore, but they were definitely narrower where the sidewalls meet the tread than my Kenda Krazes. There's a smoother transition from sidewall to tread, the tread doesn't 'stick out' from the sidewall like others (hope this makes sense).
If you need more room for chain clearnace, ChopperUS has offset sprockets. They're $30 + shipping.
http://www.choppersus.com/store/category/3/20/Hubs-Wheel-Parts/page2.html

Another source for an offset sprocket are the baby OCC String-Rays (16" rear wheel) like this:
DSCF2505.jpg

I found one on CL for $30, you can always resell the fork and get your investment back.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Dr. T

Back