They're italian. They're 14". They're now mine.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasn't looking for them. Didn't really know they existed. but they popped up on CL ten minutes from my house.

bikepurple1_zpsa3f8076a.jpg

bikepurple3_zps4969589c.jpg

Famolare shoe company had these made for their shop owners to display in their stores as a sales incentive back in 1981.
The high wheeler is a working replica of their logo. The other one.. not so sure what it is. The ladies' version?
They consist of italian and french parts.

The small wheel on each bike is a 14". The ladies' bike has a freewheel on it, but it was TACOed at some point, and one does not simply go to the store for a 14 inch wheel or 14" presta tube.

bikepurple2_zpsac097f9b.jpg

Definately unique - congrats.

Do you ( or anyone else ), know if the 14" is a standard size ?

I have a lil kids bike with 14" white rims - never saw one before myself either til I got this one thinking they were 12 1/2" .
14 x 1.75 I think, would have to go look, but if yours are somehting like 1 3/8" might differ like fullsize rims do ( trying to confuse us all, lol ).

could measure if that would help .

14" is not a standard size in the US anymore. US is on the 12-16-20-24-26 system.

I think they still use the 14" on scooters. You can still get 14" shraeder valve tubes.

Let me know if you can't find some, the ones I have are definately on a bike - coaster brake, not scooter wheels, you pay ship and they're yours if needed.
be cool to see those done and ridden .

The seller called me back and said he found the frame pump. I picked it up, and we were yapping about bikes for an hour. I mentioned the 14" tube missing, and a light bulb went off in his head, and he found it hanging in his shed!

I had to patch it so many times it looks like high school freshman's face :) but it is currently holding air. But the tubes on both bikes are fatigued, so I'll keep looking for new tubes as well.

Those are awesome! I too have experience with buying a bike then finding out the tires are obsolete. I had a folding bike that had the french 550A tires (22") I found one set on Epay but I traded it off.

Back