THE WORK OF DAVID A. SMITH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Technically this isn't bike related, but I wanted to share this with everyone hoping that it would inspire your creative passions.

David A. Smith in the U.K. is a master craftsman and his recent work on John Mayer's latest album cover is mind blowing.

This short film shows the process that David goes through in creating his artwork. The time it takes and the attention to detail is unbelievable.

So watch this video and be inspired to do great things! :wink:

https://vimeo.com/60647216

john-mayer-born-raised-cover-art.jpg

When I clicked on this post I had no idea what I was about to see.

I was about to walk out the door to deliver a sign that I had recently finished (I too am a sign-writer/designer by trade.) And even though there was someone waiting to meet me, I couldn't leave until I took in this entire film. I haven't stopped processing it yet!

The thing for me is that I am in the middle of a commission for album art myself and have finished the cover just a week ago. The artwork that I'm doing is inspired by my love of this same type work that he so masterfully displayed.

I can now see why the film impacted you as it did. :D

Looks like you do some amazing work yourself. As a professional designer of 16 years, I can appreciate what both of you do.

Your album cover looks great! :wink:

14 year graphic designer here... makes the coupons and car lot ads I build look like crap! WOW! not a John Mayer fan, but the craftsmanship that went into his album cover and those signs... awesome.

heath

Steve, please keep finding and posting these inspiring Vimeo videos. So much talent out there. Thanks!

Blown away!! :shock:

Back