The Wifey Delux

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you had to grind it because the axle on that front wheel is a 9/16", not a 1/2" like schwinns had. the difference is coincidentally a 16th. :lol: sorry to be obvious. its what i do.

stretch said:
you had to grind it because the axle on that front wheel is a 9/16", not a 1/2" like schwinns had. the difference is coincidentally a 16th. :lol: sorry to be obvious. its what i do.

I did not know that yesterday, but I know it today. Thanks for the specifics. I know it will help on the next bike I do.

stretch said:
its a nice bike! are you planning on painting it?

Well I keep bouncing between a rattlecan job or powdercoat. This is going to be my wife's bike so it has to be a cream puff. The down side to the powdercoat is it'l cost about 115 bills. Then again that includes the media blasting and such, a real time saver. I have a bout two weeks befor I'll decide; we're having a garage sale this week and my workshop has been invaded with baby clothes and old furniture.

As far as the color is concerned I really like the blue, but my wife wants kelly green or pink. I'll have to get another seat if we go green or pink. I usually don't worry so much about the color, it just comes to me at some point.....flat black.
:D

flat black and a pink seat. thats all she gets. :p :wink:

Back