The wife's Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really a fresh find anymore seeing as I bought it a while back but since this is my first post here it'll be fresh for you guys.
I happened to be using it as a background prop in a catalog shoot I was doing in a local park so I snapped a few glamor shots of it while waiting for the models to get their butts in gear. Still looking for a complete-ish beater mens example to build a cruiser for myself.

Got it for $100 on CL. The original intention was to strip and repaint it but it turned out WAY nicer than the CL post suggested. It is, in these pics, as I bought it from the original owner and her son. ...I even found the original Delta instruction sheet in the headlamp.

2751182835_25f6d070c5_b.jpg

2751180553_d24b478f46_b.jpg

...sorry for the massive pics.

WHATTADEAL !!! that bike looks like brand new :shock: good luck on the search for a guys frame and welcome !!!

got any pics of the headbadge ??

Great score! Hey blue meanie better watch out for the green apple bonkers! :shock: might dent that pretty bike! :mrgreen:

^ lol.

Don't let the photos fool you, she got a few dings and paint flakes. The original owner's father used to make her wax it all the time so there's ZERO rust on it even where there is bare metal showing (the white around the fender rivets is vintage paste wax! lol).

2750328223_16bd7ae058_b.jpg

2750330263_10bab2166e_b.jpg

Very nice bike. It looks great. I cant believe the great condition of the chrome. Looks brand new.

thanks for the nice clear pic :wink: (models didnt show up yet huh ? :| )

still one nice 20-footer !!!

i think theres a saying around here too, somethin about scratches and rust are just accessories to us :mrgreen:

CCR said:
i think theres a saying around here too, somethin about scratches and rust are just accessories to us :mrgreen:

I couldn't agree more! I have a 63 Raleigh Sports with a modified 2spd fixed AW, my british rat, that sat out side with an antique store sign on it for years. All I did was clean off the dirt, add an old chopped brooks, some beefy black wall tires, a SA headlight and flip the bars for that cafe racer look. I'll post some pics of it in its current state this weekend now that I have a center stand to photograph it on.

Did you modify the AW yourself? Did you use the info from Sheldon Brown? Sounds like a cool bike

"challenger" ...is that the model name? I've only found it as a Schwinn DX, Excelsior or plain ol' B.F.Goodrich.

She likes it but at 5'10" and 110lbs its a beast for her to push. Heck, I took it on a beer run 6 blocks up and almost didn't make it. ...and I ride just about every day. I have a mid 50's Sears/Puch 3spd and a 48 New World 'lightweight' that I'm fixing up for her now.

Latest posts

Back