THE UGLY GREEN HORNET

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saw a lady post an ad on the CL with this bike for $25. She claimed to have several old bikes for sale. Went to her storage unit and she had an old Typhoon with a bent frame :x , an old woman's bike with broken welds and this Sears bike (Murray I think) that had a straight frame and good welds. Figured I could have a junker around for the next build off. This thing is pretty dang grungy...ha ha. Looks like it used to be metallic red. The seat will make for a good base for Firwalker to do his magic to. Not tellin how old it is...I'm guessing 70s or 60s. After I got it home and really inspected it I started to question my better judgement...LOL! Does anyone know what the bracket on the back of the headtube is? I'm thinking it may have held a tank at some point.

100_3776.jpg

100_3777.jpg

100_3784.jpg

100_3782.jpg

100_3781.jpg

100_3787.jpg

100_3789.jpg

As long as the wheels roll tru and the hub is okay worth $25. The seat look good. Better with Firewalkers touch.

WHAT is that funny bracket on the head tube?

cman said:
As long as the wheels roll tru and the hub is okay worth $25. The seat look good. Better with Firewalkers touch.

WHAT is that funny bracket on the head tube?

Wheels have some serious spoke issues so they may not be around for long. I think this bike is a 60s model Murray that had a tank/headlight...thus the funny bracket.

45611052_o.jpg

steve, dont paint, Fattt white wall in back, skinny white in front, white grips, and white block peddals, and cut off straight mount. bike bars. Dragbike!!

This could be a Murray or a JC Higgins, From the early to mid 60's. They both built frame like that. Skyliner, Fright liner, Cosmic Flyer and yes it did have a tank. these bikes clean up and ride nice. Great find make it a rat and to ride.

Steve, I'd say $25 was a fair price.....especially looking at that seat.

Somebody sure put a few miles on that bike....judging from the front tire wear...lol

Should make for a very nice project :D

Latest posts

Back